18

Introducing Onyx to the others hadn't been that difficult. They all had accepted him, and majority adored him. Smokescreen liked him the most, and it seemed that Onyx returned that affection. Jaws layed down, she had a full day running around after the sparkling. Keeping him from burning down the base, watching him, making sure he didn't leave. It was no easy task that was obvious. Bee came over and sat down next to her, "You look exsaused." He said smiling slightly. "Well done detective," she returned smirking, "Onxy is that much trouble?" He asked seeming a little concerned yet doubtful. "No he is just very playful, and... wild." She said almost laughing, she set her head down on his lap. Bee pet her helm, Jaws felt herself slipping into recharge. She finally let herself rest. Onyx was not interested in recharge, he was enjoying tug of war with Smokescreen. In one particularly intense match, the objective was more towards destabilization of your oponant. Smokescreen was putting all he had into this. Onyx was taking notice of it and decided to make his move. Before Smokescreen could think he was falling back into some lab equipment. Onyx sat looking at his fallen friend, seemingly content with himself. Smokescreen looked up and smirked at Onyx as he stood. Ratchet was not amused, "You two take your childish antics out of the base." He demanded. Onyx followed Smokescreen a mile or so from the base where they continued their game. However they did not go unnoticed. In the midst of their tug of war match troopers dropped around them, and Knock out pulled up just outside the circle. Onyx hadn't learned anything about combat, being only about a week old. He hid behind Smokescreen looking for protection. "Well, well, what do we have here? An autobot and his pet." Knock out retorted. Smokescreen prepaired for combat, Onyx whimpered. Back at base instinct awoke Jaws. Her optics opened and her pupils thinned, her ears flicked. Her sudden movement brought Bee out of recharge, "What?" He asked rubbing his helm. "Onyx," Jaws said before standing and trotting off. As soon as she exited the base she broke into an all out run, picking up to top speed. Smokescreen was taking a beating, there were to many of them. He was loosing steam fast, the cons could tell. The more he slowed the more they sped up. Onyx's whine had grown louder and much more desperate, "I know buddy," Smokescreen said trying to comfort the sparkling. A thundering sound grew closer and louder. A huge form lept over Smokescreen and Onyx. Jaws stood over her sparkling and friend. She growled and slashed at the approaching cons never moving from her protective stance over the two. The remaining troopers eventually admitted defeat and fell back. Knock out eventually left. Jaws calmed down and checked Smokescreen and Onyx for injuries. Onyx had a few scratches, but Smokescreen had several noteable wounds. Jaws helped Smokescreen onto her back, Onyx lept up with him. Upon arriving back at base Smokescreen received a long lecture from Jaws and Ratchet. Smokescreen looked at Onyx's sleeping form then back at Jaws. "I'm sorry I had no idea anything like this would happen. I sware I'll never do it again, and.... I understand if you won't let me watch Onyx any more." He said looking down. Jaws could hear the sincerity in his voice. She had seen how Onyx looked up to Smokescreen. Separating the two would devastate them both, she couldn't do that to them. "Hang on, I am upset, but more concerned then upset at you. I know you ment well, so here's my condition." She said. Smokescreen waited listening intently, "You will not take him out of the base with out my knowledge ever again. Or at least until he poses adequate fighting skill. And you will help me train him to have said fighting skills." She said. "Done." He said without a second thought.

_______________________________________

Sorry this took so long I've sort of had writer's block. I needed to find a story line to use for this. It just took a little time is all. So if any of you were concerned that I might end the book never fear, I will tell you when that time is here. So yah once more I want to thank my loyal readers who waited for this update.
_______________________________________

As weeks became a month or two, Onyx became larger stronger. He was still young, he couldn't speak English. He had tried a few times but ultimately decided to give up. He was slightly taller than Smokescreen at full hight but it was obvious that he was still growing. Jaws sat watching her sparkling (So to speak) play with Smokescreen. Those two were inseparable, unless Smokescreen was out with the team. Jaws had only begun teaching Onyx combat and she wasn't planning on letting Onyx go out on any missions until she was positive he was ready. "Onyx," Jaws said standing, "Yes?" He asked in predacon walking over to her. "I need to show you something," she said turning, she led him to an empty room. He tilted his head confused, "Why are we here Jaws?" He asked sitting looking up at her. "You know how I have started to teach you to fight?" She started. He nodded listening intently, "I think it is time I tell you why I am teaching you this." She said sitting. "Well your teaching me to fight so I can beat those bad guys that attacked me and Smokey." He said smiling and wagging his tail a little. "Well sort of... do you know why we fight? Why we started? Us predacons I mean," She said meeting his gaze. "Well no not really," Onyx replied, "Do you remember how you felt when the bad guys attacked you and Smokescreen?" She asked. "Yah, scared." He said looking down, "We fight so that others don't feel scared. We fight to protect, the strong exsist to protect the weak Onyx. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise ok?" Jaws asked. "Ok Jaws," Onyx said nodding, "Can you teach me to fight now?" Onyx asked standing. She broke into a smile, "Sure." She responded standing. "Ok buddy show me a defence stance." Jaws instructed, Onyx spread his front legs lowering himself. He then lowered his head and growled raising his tail. "Like that?" He asked looking up at her. "That was perfect," she replied smiling down at him.