12

After arriving back at base Raf had challenges Bee to their video game. Bee leaned against Jaws's large form. She lifted her head and curved around watching, "I don't see the appeal of this game." She said shaking her head, "I mean I makes sence for humans I guess, but Bee you have a vehicle mode. Why do you prefer this over actually driving?" She asked. She rested her head next to Bee looking up at the game. After a few more rounds, Bee claimed victory. They then set up a movie. During the movies Jaws dozed off. Bee stroked her behind her audio sensor, in response Jaws rumbled what sounded like a cat purring. A sensor sounded as agent Fowler came down into the base. Jaws had heard about him but they had never met. On the other hand Fowler had never heard about Jaws, so when he spotted a predacon in the base he almost flipped his lid. "A predacon Prime?" He asked annoyed and slightly nervous. Jaws lifted an ear at being called the predacon, again! "I have a name." Jaws said annoyed, she noticed every one looking at her. "What? I do." She said shrugging. Wait... shrugging she had shoulders? She looked down at herself. She was on 2 legs again, she hasn't thought about this for a while being as she couldn't control it and she didn't really like it. "Uh not this again." She rumbled before returning to beast mode. Yes that felt better all four appendages on the ground. "You have done that before?" Bee asked. "Twice or so but I don't really control it. It kind of just happens when I feel really aggressive or frustrated." Jaws said. "So, do you think you could try to transform at will?" Optimus asked. "Maybe, but I don't know why I would want to. It seems to me that a bot mode isn't preferable to my beast mode. After all what do I have in bot mode I do not posses as a beast?" Jaws asked. "Could you just try?" Bee asked. "I guess." Jaws said. She shut her eyes, she concentrated settling the storm in her mind, then she stood on two. She opened her eyes and stood. Looking down at herself in partial disgust, "Happy?" She asked. Bee nodded. Jaws returned to beast mode and Agent Fowler resumed his discussion with Optimus. Jaws walked off to her quarters. She had never felt the same after the dark energon had been through her system. She entered her room and layed down, attempting to contemplate why having a bot mode was such a huge deal. When she felt a wave of savagery come over her. This had not happened often and Jaws figured it was not worth looking into as she had never experienced to much trouble controlling it. It siphoned her energy but she manage to take it under control. She let herself sit down, "I need a power down." She said. She layed down, powered off and dreamt. She was standing in the dark, all she could see was herself. She felt herself transform into bot mode. She looked down at her servos in interest. It was weird all the while she felt like she was seeing things from behind a screen having little to no effect. She looked up, there were now many predacons around her but only one stood out. Landslide. He stood in beast mode towering over her. He swatted Jaws like a bug sending her flying. She crashed into a nonexistent wall. She got to her feet and returned to beast mode and met his attack head on. After blocking an attack, Jaws stopped dead in her tracks. Landslide had pinned Bee to the ground. She could see flame building in his mouth. "Submit female." He ordered. Jaws lowered herself and layed down as ordered. "Your affection for the Autobot makes you weak." He rumbled smiling his evil wretched smile. He stood over her then fire sprayed from his mouth. Bee was trying seemingly in vain to wake Jaws. Who was thrashing and clawing the floor. "Jaws! WAKE UP!" He yelled. Jaws's head snapped up her eyes open and full of fear. "Calm down." He soothed stroking down her snout.

"Jaws are you ok?" Bee asked stroking the snout of the now awake Jaws. "Yah, why?" She asked lying like a rug. "You were having a nightmare, weren't you?" Bee asked. "What gave me away?" She asked looking up with a weary smile. "You were clawing the ground and wall, and you were also thrashing. The wall and floor took a beating." He said. Her drowsy eyes looked down slightly. "So are you gonna ask me to tell you what I was dreaming about?" She asked, "Only if you want to." He didn't press. "So I told you that I was trapped in ice, but I never told you how I got there." She calmed herself, "There was a predacon named Landslide, he was my arch enemy. We fought many times gave each other many scars." She ran her claws over the scar on her right eye. "One day while I was out trekking across the polar region we crossed paths. It began as it usually did, some cleverly placed taunts then we charged. As we fought the ice beneath us was getting weaker from the occasional fire used in combat. All at once the ice gave way beneath us. Landslide managed to get off the breaking ice, but I could not. I saw him as I fell to my living death. He was laughing up on top of the ice. That memory has daunted me ever since." She stopped the story had come to an end. "I saw him. In my dream. I can't ecape him even when he died!" She growled. Bee sat silently just being there for her. He finally asked, "Was there anything else in your dream?". Jaws looked at her friend, she could not tell him what Landslide had said. "No, nothing else." She said starting to stand. Bee's com beeped and he answered. "Need me?" He asked, "Ok." He turned to Jaws. "They need us for a mission." He said walking in the direction of the bridge. Jaws shook it off and followed. "There is evidence that Megatron has sent out a mining operation to collect predacon bones. We must prevent it. Jaws you will be going on this mission because there is a good chance Predaking will be there and we will need you combat talents." Optimus said. Jaws nodded, she welcomed a sparring session with Predaking. As soon as the bridge was open Optimus, Bee, Bulkhead, and Jaws went through. On the other side there was a mine with several troopers, Shock wave, and Predaking. Jaws flicked her ears back and growled showing her teeth. A part of her hurt a little, they were here to stop the return of the predacon race. However she felt no compulsion to switch sides. The Predacons had their chance they had been destroyed, that was the way things were. Predaking charged, Jaws charged, they met in the middle colliding. After a long strenuous battle Jaws and Predaking parted with a draw. Arriving back at base successful they put the predacon bone in the archive. She looked at it, "Hay... I remember this guy." She said. "Really?" Smokescreen asked. "Yes I remember he was weak and easily terminated, he made it easy to obtain full reserves." She said smiling at the memory. "Wait... you killed him?" Smokescreen asked a little alarmed. "Not this clone, but the original yes." Jaws said beginning to walk off. "So why did you kill him?" Smokescreen asked walking after her. "Well I couldn't find any energon crystals. He was the first predacon I encountered." Jaws said nonchalantly. "So you can siphon energon from others." Smokescreen asked. "Yah." Jaws responded. "Wow I really need to learn more about Preds." Smokescreen said.