Chapter 1

I sat by the phone anxiously waiting for the call. Why is it taking this long for her to call? I was expecting my best friend, Lexie to call and tell me when her boyfriend landed. Oh, her boyfriend is also my childhood friend. We used to do everything together and I even helped him with his career later on. He is the well known actor Logan Lerman.

6 months ago I had introduced Lexie to Logan when he was visiting his family for holiday. Logan and Lex connected instantly and I was so proud to be a little matchmaker. He has been gone for 2 months now working on a new movie and was finally taking a break to see us.

I laid down on my bed and checked my phone for the 5th time. As if on cue it started to vibrate in my hand. The caller ID was Logan. I quickly answered. “Hello?”

“Hey Aubrey!!” he shouted through the phone making me cringe. “Is Lexie with you?”

“No, she’s at home waiting for you to call her. Why didn’t you call her first?” he let out a sigh and then chuckled. His voice seemed different over the phone.

“I didn’t call her because I texted her telling her my flight was delayed so I’d be there late tonight instead of this afternoon.” He let out another chuckle, sounding questionable.

I then looked at my home screen on my iphone and saw a text from Lex.

Lexiebear:*

            Logan’s flight is delayed. Gunna be here really late tonight. Great!

I texted her back. As Logan kept talking. “….So what you think?”

I wasn’t really listening since I suck at multitasking. I let out a giggle. “Umm…what?”

“About my plan?” I remembered Logan was such a jokester and loved to throw surprises your way when you least expected it. He let out a long sigh. “Okay ill explain it again. I told her my flight was delayed but it actually was on time and I’m in a cab on my way to your place right now. I need you to text Lexie and tell her to go to our place so when I show up she will be so surprised.” I knew it. He sounded so proud of himself.

“Okay ill text her right now. How far away are you?” 

“About 30 minutes. We just got off the freeway.” His driver said something I couldn’t hear and they both laughed.

“Okay well in Lexspeed it takes her 10 minutes to get here so you definitely have enough time. Don’t rush yourself.” He mocked my advice, causing us to both laugh.

“Okay Bree.” Him and Lex were the only ones allowed to call me Bree, not even my Mom. “I’ll see you in a little bit. Bye.” When he hung up I went into my bathroom and cleaned myself up as I responded to Lexie’s text saying ughhh. I laughed to myself and texted her okay well since its going to be a whilleeee till he gets here you wanna come over and chill. Maybe watch a movie or something?

Once I finished doing my makeup and straightening my blonde hair I went to my closet and picked out an outfit. I usually would have lounged around in sweats but it was a special occasion, but Lex just didn’t know. I did feel bad for her not knowing but I figured it would be worth it if she was surprised.

I threw on a floral crop top and a pair of white skinny jeans, examining myself in the mirror. I glanced over at pictures of Logan and I on my wall and I realized how much I have changed. I used to be this little thing with bleach blonde hair and big blue eyes. I looked back at the mirror and cocked my head. I guess I haven’t changed that much. I still had blonde hair just a darker shade and the big blue eyes. But now I had a grown  figure, mature.