X**

SLAMMING THE DOOR shut behind him, Eldwin walked down the steps that led to his driveway before heading to the sidewalk. He took a deep breath, and turned left, continuing down the path. The wind kissed the back of his neck as he progressed further down the walkway. Stuffing his hands in his pockets, he mauled over the events of the day. Maybe he was being too hard on Hamon. If he was Pharaoh, he would have to live with the consequences of his decisions, but that didn't matter. He wasn't a Pharaoh anyways so why should he care.

"There is no way I'm Pharaoh," he muttered as he arrived at a crosswalk. His mind spun as everything began making sense to him. Ancient Egypt and the time of Pharaohs are long past. It was clear that someone was playing a joke on him. A smile pulled at his lips as he shook his head. Kirk started it and everyone else was playing along. He stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and let out a sigh. He was so stupid to believe that such things were happening.

Pulling out of his thoughts he lifted his head towards the sky. A smile spread across his face as the sun kissed him. This part of the neighborhood was his favorite to visit. Trees grew on both sides of the streets stretching their leaves up to the sky with small white fences around their trunks. As he took in the beauty of the street, a maroon car pulled up beside him.

An alarm went off inside his head. He had never seen this car before. Eldwin shoved his hands into his pockets and started walking down the street. The car traveled beside him moving faster. "Hey kid," a voice shouted from the passenger seat, "need a lift?" Eldwin threw his hand up towards the guy signaling he was good and wanted to be left alone.

From the corner of his eye, he watched as the man shrugged before the car sped off and turned onto a side street. Eldwin sighed with relief. He was afraid they were going to try to take him, but he figured that was never on their mind. Arriving at the second crosswalk, he waited for the stick figure to appear allowing him to cross. Once their image appeared the sound of a motor revving their engine entered his ears. He stepped out into the crosswalk and began walking.

The engine drew closer as he neared the center. He jerked his head to the left as the same car from before came barreling down the street towards him. Eldwin jumped out of the way. Normally, he would cross the street and turn left to head home, but these guys meant trouble and he didn't want them to know where he lived. Without thinking, he darted straight. The car's tires squealed as they made a U-turn and headed back towards him.

Eldwin turned his head and watched as the driver kept trying to make it onto the sidewalk to run him over. These men were insane. A black iron fence rose to his left as he ran. He slid to a stop before an open iron to their neighborhood park. Gritting his teeth, he rushed inside. Children screamed and laughed as they played on a nearby swing set as he passed by. Deep down, he hoped that the men just gave up the fight early.

Stepping out of the other exit on the other side, gunshots began sounding out into the still air. Eldwin ducked behind a tree as a bullet hit his leg. He grabbed his calf as blood began pouring out. He glanced around searching for help, "Hamon," he cried through gritted teeth, "help me!" The blue mist appeared before him as Hamon stood with his back to him.

"I will hold them off, my Lord," Eldwin didn't ask questions, he rose to his feet and took off to the left. He bit his tongue trying to fight back the pain. It was unbearable but he had to push through if it meant he could stay alive. Sirens began to sound behind him as the gunshots grew louder. Eldwin paused before a department store window trying to catch his breath.

The car pulled close to the curb growing closer. Eldwin whimpered as he stood straight and ran inside the store. He sat on the floor against the wall as bullets riddled the glass making it shatter and fall in on itself. Eldwin bit his lip as shards fell on top of him digging into his skin. "Are you okay," a woman shouted as she drew closer to him. Her blue shirt and tan pants told him she was a worker.

Eldwin opened his mouth to speak but paused in horror as he watched a bullet strike her in the chest. Her body jerked backward as she fell to the floor. His eyes widened in fear. Peering over the raised floor, he watched as the car pulled away with cops chasing after them. Hamon jogged close behind. Raising to his feet, he ventured outside. He turned his head and glanced down an alley before taking off. If everything went the way he hoped, the police would get the driver and his passenger off the streets and in jail where they belong.

Emerging from the alley, a car let out a screech as it made a sudden left turn towards him. Eldwin took off once more. People that walked past him gave him weird looks as he passed them. A scream came from behind as bullets rang out once more. "Hamon, help!" He cried once more. Pausing, he stopped in front of a bakery and watched as his servant jumped onto the roof of the cop car. Hamon slammed his hand down on the roof.

Happiness flooded through him, he was safe once more. The feeling of safety vanished as Hamon's face twisted in disgust. Something was wrong but he didn't have time to figure out what. He ducked onto the ground as the bullets destroyed the shop front once more. Hamon jumped off the roof and stood in front of him with his arms crossed. "Keep running. I will figure something out."

Eldwin nodded, he didn't need to be told twice. He took off, fighting the urge to look back. He had to let Hamon handle it no matter how bad the situation might be, that was what he was there for. A loud cry sounded from behind him. Sliding to a stop, he turned and watched as lightning wrapped itself around Hamon's body. His eyes widened in fear. Hamon never told him he could generate power.

A strong wind began picking up and pulling objects towards Hamon. Eldwin grabbed a hold of a nearby lamppost trying to not get pulled in. A small vortex formed at Hamon's waist and lifted him into the air. The vortex began moving at a record speed. Hamon arrived beside him and cut the wind from blowing around them allowing him to droop to the floor. He wanted an explanation of this man's power but now did not seem like the right time to ask.

The car swerved at the tornado suddenly before them. Both men got out of the car with guns firing into it. With a simple hand movement, Hamon made the vortex catch all of the bullets before aiming them back at the shooters. Eldwin gritted his teeth as he made a run for it. He reached into his pocket fumbling for his phone. In a fit of rage at Hamon, he had left it in his school bag.

A sound of a train moving, followed him until he arrived at a bridge. The men had now gotten behind trash cans trying to protect themselves. They were not going to go down without a fight. Eldwin came to halt on the sidewalk on the bridge surface watching as Hamon shot a bolt towards the can. The passenger rolled into the street and rushed towards him with knives. He couldn't understand why they refused to give up a useless fight.

Hamon jumped out of the vortex and pulled his hands behind his back. The vortex copped his moves and laid on its side. He forced his hands forward, sending it towards them. The passenger threw down his gun and ran. The tornado swept up the gun as it began firing. Eldwin bit his bottom lip, the pain had returned. Up to this point, it had been easy to forget about but now, he just wanted to cry for his mom to pick him up.

Leaning against the railing, he tried taking pressure off his leg. An object hit him in the arm, jerking his body back with hard force. His eyes widened as more objects kept entering his body. He screamed as he began stumbling backward. He didn't want to die, not yet. He didn't want to leave his Mom or Charles. This couldn't be the end. His back pressed against a hard railing. He looked down at the water. Perhaps if he still had enough energy, then he could swim to safety.

Screams entered his ears as the car came barreling towards him. The men had been thrown on top of its hood, their bodies battered and broken. The car smashed into the railing. Eldwin tried jumping out of the way but his feet refused to move and his body screamed for mercy. The car slammed into his stomach. The railing behind him broke allowing the car and himself to fall into the murky waters below.