VII*

A bright blue light shone in Kirk's eyes as an invisible force gripped his chest. He winced, feeling like his chest was in a vise grip. A scream threatened to escape, but he bit his bottom lip to keep it in. Kirk sucked in a deep breath as he glanced around searching for something tangible he could hold on to other than the light that engulfed him. Clocks of different variations flew past his face moving upwards, first was a grandfather clock tall and strong, followed by a cuckoo clock.

Pain shot into his leg causing him to cry out and glance downwards. A sundial had slammed into his leg. Kirk bit his lip hard as he moved his leg and watched the sundial join the others. A golden pocket watch caught his eye from the left, causing him to reach out for it. His fingertips brushed against the smooth surface making it spin out of his reach. As it moved, the lid flipped downwards revealing the hands moved backward.

Fear shot through his veins as he clenched his stomach trying to keep his breakfast from coming up, and rolled over onto his back, allowing him to look upwards into a bright white light that hurtled further and further away from him. "Kirk," a familiar voice called out through the void, "Do not fear. I will come to rescue you as soon as I am able." Kirk turned his head every which way searching for the voice.

"Teach?" He questioned as he spied golden eyes that resembled his teacher's floating in the distance. He made a 'tsk' sound with his lips. "Take your time, old man. I may not know where I'm going, but I can handle myself.

"Mr. Anderson, it is for this reason I do not fear for your safety." A pyramid came from behind the eyes and hurdled toward Kirk with a doorway in the middle growing a bright yellow before coming to a stop before Kirk. "Touch the glow and you will arrive in Egypt. Be warned, the Pharaoh of this time is very cantankerous, to say the least. Do not let your guard down around him. I know you still have your pocket knife on you. Do not let it out of your sight. You'll never know when you need it." The teacher's voice faded away leaving Kirk with his thoughts.

Kirk swallowed a lump in his throat as he stared at the door. He had no reason to doubt the teacher with his current situation. Reaching out, he felt a magnetic pull bringing him closer. He reached out with his other hand and stopped himself from touching the glowing doorway. Doubts clouded his mind. Eldwin and the teacher were surprisingly close to each other, perhaps this was some cruel prank. Gritting his teeth, he shook his head. No, he had no other choice but to go through the doorway given him.

Reaching out once more, the doorway began pulling away from him. He had waited too long and now he was going to be trapped in this time vortex. Gritting his teeth, he rolled onto his chest and stretched his fingers until he thought they were going to come off. When all hope seemed lost, his fingertips came into contact with a smooth surface.

A bright yellow light wrapped around his body, spreading its warmth within. The world disappeared in a blinding light as a marble floor appeared beneath him. Kirk saw the floor approaching fast and swung his body around, slamming his foot into the floor. Losing his balance, he tumbled down a small five-flight stairwell. The high ceiling above him spun in a circle as his lungs struggled to bring back the air he lost from the fall.

"Are you okay!" A melodic voice sounded from somewhere close by. Kirk placed a palm onto the ground and tried to force himself upwards. Pain shot through his body from where he fell forcing him to roll back on his right arm. A face came into view as the room came to a stop. A female about his age with skin and hair as pure as snow came into view. Kirk jerked his body upwards as he felt his heart beat against his chest. He felt her red eyes bore into him as if searching for something. On one hand, some would call her a monster, but to him, he had never seen anyone more beautiful.

"My Lady," a voice called out from the crowd.

Kirk watched as she turned her head towards a girl older than the one before him with dark hair and even darker complexion made her way towards them. "It's all right Ebony." The girl spoke in a sweet and almost melodic way. Heavy footsteps came from around him as men surrounded him with spears and swords drawn. The men placed their spears in front of the young girl ushering her away. Shouting something in another language. "Please, that's not necessary, he could be hurt." Kirk watched as one of the men turned his head and snapped at her. The girl crossed her arms in response and narrowed her eyes.