IX*

Kirk squinted as he looked up at the blazing sun above him. It was so hot he could almost see the rays pouring off the ball of fire. Gritting his teeth, his leg nearly gave out as a jolt of immense pain shot through his wound. It was becoming unbearable. He dropped the reins and collapsed to the floor of the chariot with a scream as his leg throbbed causing a bigger gush of blood. Reaching down, he felt the wet, warm substance and raised his hand to peer at the coating on his fingertips. His vision swirled as he pulled out a butcher knife from his pocket and began sawing off the cord that had remained wrapped around his ankle. With each movement, the object in his leg dug deeper, feeling like it was going to rip his flesh clean off.

Chewing the bottom of his lip, he stifled a scream. He could cut for as long as possible, and the cord still wouldn't budge. He raised his uninjured leg with a yelp from the movement, and gripped the sides of the chariot in both hands. With one pull with his weak muscles and push with his good leg, he spotted himself closer to the back wall. Panting, he rested against the wall, and the rocking of the chariot told him the horses had continued their journey despite the reins being dropped.

Staring out into the desert wasteland, the world around him swam, and nausea boiled in his stomach from the motion—though he didn't remember ever getting motion sickness. The events of the past hour raced through his mind as he rolled his head over to the side, and his eyes began to close, seeing he could no longer keep his heavy eyelids open.

"Kirk," a female voice called to him in the distance. He opened his eyes and watched through a blur as a woman in a business suit marched down the driveway towards a red Ferrari. "I'm going away for a little bit. Your father is going to take care of you." She huffed as she fumbled through her purse for her keys. "Whenever he's home." The voice dropped out with the last sentence.

His brow pulled together as he sat up straight, trying his best to focus on the woman before him, but his vision wouldn't cease its swirling. Letting out a grunt, he pulled himself to his feet, gritting his teeth, as the ground beneath him moved under his weight.

Holding his hands out for balance, a hole formed beneath him causing him to sink into the ground. Kirk screamed and clawed at the ground as it began pulling him underneath. A soft hand came in contact with his cheek. He blinked his eyes and watched as a black form stared at him from above with the sun shining bright on their head. A strong hand was placed on his leg, he let out a scream as something sharp was dragged down his leg. A soft delicate hand moved over his mouth what felt like something velty and smelled of lavender causing his eyes to roll back.

Pain radiated through him as a slender object dragged itself down his leg. Kirk jerked upwards as his eyes shot open. A young female stood at his leg with her head down before glancing in his direction. "You're not supposed to be awake yet." She cooed. Kirk's heart thumped hard against his chest as something that felt like a smooth rope moved across his chest. The object tightened, pushing his body against what felt like a table covered in cloth. "Please don't fight. I will be finished shortly. You broke some bones and your leg is infected."

The rope-like object moved itself to his mouth and pressed down keeping him from crying out as the girl continued. Kirk moved his shoulders from the left and right trying to free himself from his capture but he couldn't move. Glancing around, he found he laid in front of a tree that was an easy fifty above his head. He looked over to his left and spotted that his shirt and both knives were lying on a table beside him. Gritting his teeth, he wrangled his arm until he had freed it from the grasp of the vine that held him and slowly began working his arm out until it was free.

Thunder echoed around them causing Kirk to jerk his head to the left. He watched as a sandstorm appeared off in the distance. "Not now!" The female shrieked. Kirk shot his hands outwards, reaching for his knives as leaves wrapped around his body, and held him secure in place. Kirk let out a cry as the leaves pulled over his face allowing him to glance through the thick green mucus membrane. "Who goes there!" He heard the female shout. Kirk struggled within his restraints trying to free himself once more.