VI**

The world swam around Eldwin's head as he stared at Kirk's ashy remains. He picked his head up and glanced around the room. Whether or not this was a prank, he didn't care. For a few fleeting moments, he was rid of his greatest enemy. Relief flooded through him as he watched his teacher go from chaperone to chaperone. He knew the teacher had to account for every student and get statements from everyone since one went missing, but he couldn't help but hope the teacher at least forget about Kirk.

He took a step forward as thoughts flooded his mind. The ghost he had just encountered called him Master and said that he would be the next Pharaoh of Egypt. He chuckled to himself. Whatever that was, had it all wrong. For starters, Egypt doesn't have Pharoah anymore and for another, he didn't know the first thing about ruling a country if they did. Eldwin swallowed a lump in his throat.

Eldwin wondered towards the particles Kirk left behind when he vanished. Fear gripped his heart. True he was happy he was gone for the time being but had he known what the ghost had planned for the boy, he would have never made such a request. Maybe he would have asked for the puppet to be removed at least. A missing puppet was an easier explanation than a missing boy. Squatting down, he ran his fingers through the particles, they were gritty and moved with his fingers. They were indeed real.

Laughter threatened to bubble out of him. There was no way, the ghost murdered Kirk and there was no way he was dead. This had to all be a prank. It was a prank of the worst kind if it turned out to be one. Voices surrounded him as his fellow students began talking in hush tones. There was no telling what was going through their mind. All they saw was Kirk rising into the air before turning into dust. Deep down, he hoped they thought an old Egyptian curse was real so he didn't have to try to explain but his new ghostly servant.

"Ow," a voice cried out, "something's got me." Eldwin jerked his head towards Jacob and Ash and watched as the teacher jerked the puppet of his master's hand. No doubt, Mr. Del Mastro was just as sick as the rest of the class. "Don't take me, it's not our fault that dumbbell went missing. It's Eldwin's fault!" Anger built up within him. He wanted nothing more than to wish the puppet out of existence like he did Kirk.

"Sir, please," Ash called out as he followed the teacher.

"All right, you can have him back, but you have to promise that he will behave himself." Eldwin rolled his eyes. Mr. Del Mastro always allowed the puppet to speak for Ash. He couldn't understand why Ash would be okay with Jacob speaking for him nor why the teacher would allow it. He watched as Mr. Del Mastro handed it back. If you asked him, the whole thing was ridiculous.

"It's about. I didn't think you cared about me anymore." Jacob wailed.

Ash formed a fist and slammed it down on his head hard, "Keep quiet, do you want to be taken again?"

"Yo Ed," Charles called as he made his way towards him. "What are you looking at?"

Eldwin straightened his back as he turned in his direction. "Just checking to see if it was him or not." He laughed.

"Nah, knowing him, he probably set up the whole thing and went home so he didn't have to stay here anymore." The boys snickered as Mr. Del Mastro began clapping his hands drawing attention to himself. Eldwin turned towards him. A loud bang sounded from behind him. He turned and watched as the curators closed the lid before setting it back on its pedestal.

"Listen up, Class. I know that Mr. Anderson's disappearance has raised many questions. I would like for you to know, that police are on their way to look into the matter. Until their arrival, you are permitted to walk around the exhibit, we ask that you have no earbuds in so you can be aware of your surroundings, do not leave the area without talking to me first, and finally, do not disrupt the ash on the floor. Please think about the events you saw happen and have them ready for the police when they question you. That is all for now."