IV**

"Eldwin, breakfast is ready," His mother's voice called from the hallway. Stepping out of the bathroom, he buttoned his shirt before heading toward the bedroom door. His mother was a wonderful cook and his mouth watered as the smell of sizzling maple bacon met his nose. Reaching the door, he grabbed his bag and turned the knob.

"Coming Mom," He shouted. Stepping into the hallway, he allowed the door to slam shut behind him. Hiking his bag on his shoulder, he stepped towards the stairs. As he approached, his shoe caught on his heel and began tumbling forward. Eldwin threw his hands out before him bracing for impact.

Falling head first, Eldwin slid down. He moaned and crawled away from the steps as pain bit at his body. Footsteps sounded from the hallway at his side. "Eldwin," Sarai called out, "are you okay? What was that noise?"

Eldwin scrambled to his feet as heat rose against his face. "It's nothing Mom." He rolled his neck to the side trying to crack his sore muscles. Before he knew what happened, his mother was in front of him forcing him back down onto the bottom step. "Mom, I promise I'm fine, I'm just a clutz."

He watched as his mother dropped a red giant bag beside him. His mother had a regular build complete with strawberry blonde hair pulled into a ponytail and light blue scrubs. She squatted down before him as she pulled out a small flashlight and clicked it on directly in his eyes. "Ow!" Eldwin grimaced as she moved it around his eye. Sari was a nurse and most likely she was making sure he was all right after his tumble, but he found it annoying.

"You can never be too careful. You don't have a concussion yet, can you move your arms? What about your legs?"

Eldiwn raised his arms and pushed her away. "I said I was fine. If something changes you will be the first to know."

Sarai sighed as she rose to her feet and threw the light inside her bag. "I'm just trying to make sure you didn't hurt yourself too badly."

"I'm fine."

Rising to his feet, he watched as Sarai disappeared down the hallway. Entering the kitchen, he noticed his mother placing a dirty plate into the sink. He shrugged and sat down at a small round table with a blue checkered tablecloth. Sarai approached him from the stove holding two plates and placing one in front of him.

Eldwin smiled as he picked up his bacon. "So are you excited?" His mother cooed as she took a seat across from him. He stared at her with wonder before it hit him. Today was the field trip.

"I'm super excited. I can't wait to see all the finds. I wonder what Pharaoh they brought us?" His mind raced with images of pottery, a sarcophagus and stone artwork telling his story.

Sarai sighed as she stared at him. Eldwin turned a bright pink and looked away. Ever so often she would get this weird look. "You are just like your father. You know you were born in Egypt while he was working at a dig site. I miss those days sometimes. There is no denying who your father is."

Eldwin finished his breakfast as the clock chimed. "Alfred should be here any moment with the bus. Best not to keep him waiting." Sarai scarfed down her food. Eldwin scrunched up his face at the mention of his name.

"How do you know my teacher's...." Before he could finish, Sarai jumped out of her seat and ushered him towards the front door.

"Oh, look at the time, you better get outside." Eldwin shook his head and didn't fight it. His mother always found a way to change the subject if she didn't want to answer a particular question. He shrugged it off, as his mother pulled open the front door. "Have fun on your trip and be good for Alfred, kisses!" With those last words, Eldwin felt her push him out the door and slam the door closed behind him.