No homo tho

~ Zach's P.O.V. ~

I spend the next three days at Edwin's place and then I finally decide to go back home.

"Mom! I'm hoooome!" I say as I close the front door.

"Mom?" No answer. I guess she's not home.

I go upstairs to my room when I hear a knock at the front door. I run back downstairs, open the door, and I see Loren standing there.

"Hi" I say, letting her come in.

"Why'd you cheat on Chanel?" She says.

"Uh. I don't know." I plop down on the couch.

"Who did you cheat on her with?"

"Sigh, Dani"

"Again?! Zach what the f-"

"Sorry. She came over and I just couldn't tell her to stop or leave. I don't know what came over me."

"She misses you like crazy, did you know that? She loved you so much, did you know that? She never gave up on you, did you know that? She talked about you all the time, did you know that?" Loren sat across from me.

"She never even liked me, did you know that? She was probably just looking for an excuse to break up with me, did you know that? She only started dating me because...because of a dare, did you know that? Oh yeah! You did. Because you dared her to do it. She hated me since day one and she was only convincing herself to date me. Do you know about her and Tanner? She moved on quick don't you think?" I say. Tears are burning my eyes.

"Tanner Braungardt? What happened? How do you know?"

"The night that we broke up, Tanner gave her presents or something, she let him in her room, and they had a whole make-out session. I know because Cameron told me. He thought that Chanel was cheating on me but then I told him that we had broken up." I could feel my face getting red with anger.

"Zach, I didn't know" Loren looked down at her hands.

"I didn't like Tanner since I met him. I had a weird feeling about him. But I guess Chanel likes him so, that's that." I say.

"Zach. I'm sorry, but what you did was still wrong. She really loved you. She might've not showed it but, trust me, she did"

"Loren, can I tell you something. And can you promise to never tell anyone, especially Chanel?" I can't believe I'm telling her this.

"Sure, Zach. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me"

"Before Chanel and I started dating, I used to cut. I was unhappy. I was getting bullied. I had no friends. I had a few, yes, but they were fake. Then I asked her out, she said yes, we dated for a long time and I was happy. I was a year and a half clean. Then, when we broke up, I started cutting again. It's like, without her, my world is all sad and droopy. I love her Loren. But, she likes Tanner now." Loren grabbed my wrists and saw my wounds. Tears filled her eyes and they came down her red cheeks.

"Zach, please, promise me that you won't cut. Not today, not tomorrow, never. Please" She pulled me into a hug.

"Loren-"

"Promise me."

"I...I promise" I said.

"Where are the blades?" She asked getting up.

"Up here." I sighed leading her to my room. I opened my sock drawer, got it out of my sock and gave them to her. I had more anyway.

"You'll thank me later." She said. We went back downstairs and she left. I went up to my room and broke down. I starting crying and I couldn't stop. I sat up and looked at my cuts. I knew it was wrong. I knew from the start that I shouldn't. But, if I died, it's not like anyone would care anyway. Right?

I heard a bing sound and checked my phone. It was a text from Riley.

••••
Riley: Am I 💁🏼‍♂️👈🏼 still coming 👊🏼🚙💨 over 🙌🏼🤙🏼 or not 🤷🏼‍♂️👏🏼 no homo tho 😘🙅🏼‍♂️😳 rip grams 👵🏼👼🏼 2-13-65 🔐❤️

Zach: Actually I'm a little busy, maybe tomorrow?

Riley: sure 👌🏼 dad 👨🏼💓 no homo tho...
••••

I start laughing because I can't resist. I mean, it's Riley.

I went downstairs to see if there was ice-cream and sure enough, there was. But, there was also a note from my mom.

•••
Dear Zach,

Your stepdad and I decided to take a short vacation. We're in Dallas. right now. Here are 3, yes 3, tubs of ice cream so you can deal with your break up. Have fun :)
                                    Love,
           Apryll
•••

"Best mom ever" I say. I get one of the tubs out and a spoon and go back to my room. I put on Netflix and decide to watch "Friends" because that show always made me laugh.

I was on the fifth season when my doorbell rang. I went downstairs and opened the door. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was....