Epilogue- It Was Worth It

Start from the beginning

"Yup, you're getting old Emma." My dad said. "Next thing you know you'll be walking with a cane like an old person."

That caused my mother to chuckle and Tyler to snicker. I gapped at my dad and slapped his arm. "I am not that old! If anything I'm young as young can be."

"No, that's Tyler. You're just old now." He said with a slight smirk.

"Dad, stop calling me old! How would you like it if I called you old?" I asked glaring at him.

"Emma, I'm young. Right honey?" He asked my mom and she nodded. I mumbled some incoherent words under my breath but didn't respond to him as I ate my breakfast. " Well, since it is your birthday I believe you deserve a gift."

Hearing that made my sour mood turn into an excited one. "What did you get me?" I said literally bouncing in my chair.

"Patience, grasshopper." My dad said and I rolled my eyes. He bend over from his chair and picked something up off the kitchen floor and placed a small light blue box wrapped in white ribbon onto the kitchen table sliding it over to me.

I raised an eyebrow at him and my dad just grinned. I picked up the blue box and unwrapped the ribbon removing the top of it. Inside the box was a sterling silver charm bracelet with one small charm on it. The charm was a sliver heart engraved with small intricate designs around it and inside the middle of the heart was a small diamond. It was completely breathtaking.

I clasped the bracelet onto my wrist and gave my dad a huge hug that almost cause him to fall out the chair. "Thank you so much! I love it." I said squeezing him tightly.

My dad chuckled and patted my arm. "You should be thanking your mother. She picked it out for you." I released my dad and went over to my mom who was washing dishes at the sink. Before I could give her a bone crushing hug, she whipped around and held the soapy sponge out.

"Your hugs are killer when you get excited like this, now I warn you if you take a step closer I will use this sponge on you." She said with a small smile.

"Is that a challenge?" I asked smirking and she nodded. "Challenge accepted." Before my mom could make any other move, I grabbed the sponge she was holding out of her hand with not swipe.

She gapped at me. "How did you do that?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have ninja skills." And before she could say another word, I wrapped my arms around her giving her a bone crushing hug. Obviously, she hugged back because it would have been rude of she didn't and it's my birthday too. Who doesn't love hugs on their birthday?

After breakfast was over with, I lingered around my house until noon when Amy and Nick were suppose to pick me up. I was seated on my couch in the living room watching TV when I heard my front door slam open and then slam back shut. "Emma Marie Miller, your amazingly awesome best friends are here!" I heard Amy's voice announce as she waltz into the living room with Nick trailing behind her. They both ran up to me when they caught sight of me and plopped down next to me wrapping their arms around my body pulling me into a suffocating hug.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They yelled.

"I-I can-n't breat-th." I tried to force out since my lungs where being push down my these heavy people. When I said that they both let go of me at the same time.

"Sorry!" Nick apologized. "We can't kill the birthday girl." He said nudging my shoulder with his.

"Yeah, but you could put her as close to death as possible with these damn hugs." I said glaring at him. "Where are we going?"

"Before I tell you where we're going, Nick and I have a gift for you." Amy said smiling as she opened up her bag and pulled out a small gold box handing it over to me. "From us to you, Emma."