Epilogue- It Was Worth It

• Dedicated to To all my amazing readers <3

Epilogue- It Was Worth It.

-Emma-

Rolling over on my bed, I heard my room door creep open but I didn't pay any mind to since I was trying to block out any noise so I could go back to sleep. The sound of approaching footsteps started to get me a bit irritated, but I still brushed it off hoping whoever it was would leave once they saw I was still 'asleep' and just when I thought the person left my room so I could go back into a peaceful slumber, I felt a small body collide with my back.

"Emmy! Emmy! Emmy! Emmy!" Tyler's sweet but annoying at the moment voice yelled. Turning on my side caused Tyler to roll off my back. I sat up and looked at the clock on my nightstand then at him.

"Tyler, what are you doing up at 7:30 in the morning?" I asked him incredulously running a hand through my brown locks.

"Emmy, don't you know what today is!?" He asked excitedly jumping up and down on my bed. I raised an eyebrow at him with an expecting look on my face. Tyler's face formed into a frown. "Emmy, you really don't know?" He asked plopping down on my bed and I shook my head.

"It's your birthday!" Tyler yelled attacking me with a hug causing us to fall back onto my bed.

I chuckled. "I know, Ty. I was just messing with you." I said ruffling his brown hair.

"Happy Birthday Emmy!" He said giving me a huge kiss on the cheek.

"Aw, thank you Tyler." I said giving him on last squeeze before he left my room. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and pressed down on the lock button checking to see if I had any messages and the date. Honestly, I didn't know it was my birthday, it slipped my mind and when Tyler came bouncing on my bed all happily saying if I knew what today was then I realized it. Looking down at my lock screen, I noticed the date. November 20. Yup, it's my birthday.

Just when I went to put my phone down it started to ring and vibrate. I slid my finger across the screen putting the phone to my ear and before I could even say hello, Nick and Amy's voices were blaring out of speaker of it.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" Amy and Nick's voices sang off key. "Happy birthday our amazingly awesome Emma. Happy birthday to you!" They ended carrying out the last letter.

"Wow, I'm actually surprised that this year you guys actually sang in unison." I said with a grin plastered on my face. I was truly shocked that actually happened because years from before either Nick or Amy would messed up or one of them would mixed up the 'amazingly awesome' part with something totally different. Like I mean completely random.

I heard them high five each other and Nick said 'finally!' which caused me to chuckle. "Yes, we practiced this year!" Amy said proudly. "Okay, we're coming to get you around noon, so be ready." After she said that Amy hung up the phone.

I shook my head and pushed the comforter off of me and walked to my bathroom to do my daily routine. When I was done I dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans, a cream colored sweater, a black beanie with dark combat boots. I get cold, sue me.

Walking into the kitchen, I smelt the sweet aroma of chocolate chip pancakes. Total favorite right there. I'm so touched, my mom knows me so well.

"Happy Birthday!" My parents both yell when they caught sight of me. Each walked over and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"I can't believe my baby is finally eighteen." My mother said wiping away a fake year.

I rolled my eyes as I sat down at the round kitchen table near my father. across from Tyler and next to my mother. "We all knew it was coming." I said.