Chapter 5- Meeting the Boys

Chapter 5- Meeting the boys

-Emma-

"EMMA FREAKIN' MILLER! DID I NOT TELL YOU TO CALL ME LAST NIGHT?!" I heard an extremely annoying and loud voice shouting from downstairs. Instead of answering it, I ignored it and rolled over on my bed, cuddling with my pillow. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, but I didn't care. Next thing I knew, I was sprawled on the floor tangled in my blanket. Popping my head up, I blinked my eyes multiple time clearing the blurriness to see Amy standing across the bed arms folded across her chest, smirking.

"What the hell Ames?" I groaned, getting up and plopping back down on my bed. She glared at me with intense eyes.

"Didn't I tell you to call me last night after dinner?" She demanded anger lace within her voice. Oh holy gosh almighty. She's gonna kill me. Good-bye world as I know it, I will dearly miss you food. You've done me well.

I smiled sheepishly at her. "Sorry" I said gingerly. Don't yell, don't yell.

"You ass." She quickly said back, smacking my arm. "I thought Aiden might have put crushed sleeping pills in the food, knocking out your parents and brother then kidnapping you to Las Vegas, only for you to get married to a monkey out of his enjoyment."

"A monkey? Really?" I replied, rubbing the spot on my arm where she hit. That girl can hit like a guy, don't get on her bad side. You have been warned. "You my friend have a very active imagination"

"Hey! That's what happens when you don't call. I sit in my room and think of different scenarios that might have happen to you! Even after I specifically told you to call me"

I gave her a 'you need a life' look and she rolled her eyes. "So tell me what happened last night! I want every detail." She said bouncing up and down.

"Alright calm down" I told her putting my hands on her shoulders to stop her. "Okay so." and I dove into the story about last night telling her about Aiden's parents and about our kicking fight under the table that led to touching that I so kindly didn't intend to happened.

"No way! He touched you!" Amy exclaimed. "I bet you liked it." She teased, waggling her eyebrows suggestively. I blushed at the thought, I mean I guess I like Aiden but did I enjoy his touch yesterday? Damn it, I did. But sadly he's just playing a game with my emotions and feelings and I don't intend for him to make a fool out of me and for this reason I have to hide whatever feelings I have for him and act like he doesn't affect me.

"So how about we go shopping since today is Saturday? I saw these awesome pair of jeans I want to buy." She said snapping me out of my thoughts. When I saw the huge smile on her face I knew there was no way out. Ugh, shopping. Unlike Amy I would rather stay at home eating junk food then go shopping.

"Don't give me that look, you're going and that's final." She ordered in a motherly tone.

"Fine let me get dressed." I slipped on a pair of jeans and a shirt and brush my hair out leaving it waves after a quick trip to the bathroom to do my daily routine. After I was finished I grabbed an apple from the kitchen and we made our way to the mall.

~~~

"Why the hell do you need all these clothes?" I asked Amy in an irritated tone. Turns out that 'one pair of jeans' turned into buying the whole damn store. Now she has me lugging around every single item that she picked up around the store while she still looks for more.

"I don't, I just feel like torturing you." She answered smirking.

"Some best friend you are "I mumbled. She rolled her eyes and walked away, leaving me with all the clothes. One of the shirts dropped from my arms and when I tried to reach for it the huge pile in my hands wouldn't let me.

"Oh, let me help you with that." Said a deep voice. The kind person picked up the shirt and handed it to me.

"Thank you." I said looking up to the person to offer a smile but it instantly fell and was replace with shock as I stare at the person in front of me. What hell is he doing here? Standing in front of me was none other than Derek Smith, one of Aiden's best friends and a hot one at it. Derek was 6'1 with dark brown hair almost black looking, with bright green eyes and body that would make any girl drool over.

"Hello?" Derek said waving a hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts and blush a deep crimson. Derek chuckled lightly in response.

"Um, t-t-thanks" I stuttered out. Why am I acting like this? This is Derek Smith for god sakes, one of the school's players and not to mention Aiden's best friend.

Derek smiled showing off his dimples "Not a problem, oh I know you. You're the girl that bumped into Aiden the other day right?"

"Actually, he bumped into me" I told him defending myself.

"Okay okay." He said holding his hands up in a surrender stance "Anyways I'm Derek." He introduced himself with a genuine smile. Gosh, he's gorgeous and so nice.

"Emma." I greeted offering a smile.

"Oh, I know" Derek replied winking at me which cause warmth to spread through my body and red to appear on my cheeks.

"I bet you do " I said in a joking matter and for the next couple of minutes we chatted. Derek is actually pretty cool, funny, and pretty easy to talk too.

"Well I have to be going now. My sister is waiting for me in case you're wondering why I'm in a store like this, it was nice meeting you Emma." With one final smirk Derek walked away leaving me speechless.

"What was that?" Amy said with a shock look on her face when she approached me again a few minutes later.

"I just met Derek Smith"

~~~

After traitorous hours of shopping, we finally went to get pizza to at our local pizzeria and Amy was paying because of all the torture I went through with her and this damn shopping. See why I'm so against shopping? It's because of my best friend and her addiction.

"I'm so hungry." I stated with a pout as we slid into our booth and waited for our pizza to arrive. "You need to feed me."

"You should have eaten more than an apple this morning." Amy stated in a matter-of-fact sort of way.

"I would have if a certain best friend wasn't in such a rush to go to the mall." I muttered.

"Hey, you could have said no." I gave her an 'are you kidding look' and she just smirk. A few minutes later and many random topics ago our pizza arrived. It looked so delicious I just dove right into it without waiting for Amy to pick a slice.

"Holy gosh it's so good." I said in delight. Amy just smiled and shook her head as she picked up a slice and started to eat. A few slices later, I saw that I needed a refill on my drink so I excused myself and went to the soda dispenser. After mixing orange soda and sprite together, which by the way taste amazing, I turned to walk away bumping into a hard chest in the process. I steadied myself careful not to drop the drink, I look up to see who I bumped into and let me tell you I was beyond shock. Standing right in front of me was none other than Matt Ryder, Aiden's other best friend. What is this meet the bad boy's best friend's day? I mentally rolled my eyes and looked at Matt.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you there." I apologized.

"Can you watch where you're going next time?" He replied in an obnoxious tone while he was wiping down his shirt. I narrowed my eyes at him and when I didn't respond he looked up at me. He searched my face like he was trying to figure me out then his eyes light up. "Oh you're the nerd girl that crashed into Aiden the other day." He said with a smirk.

I narrowed my eyes to glare at him. "Is that what you guys know me as 'the nerdy girl that bumped into Aiden?' Which by the way he crashed into me, not the other way around." His smirk widened at my words .

"Feisty aren't we?" He taunted and before I could even respond someone called his name diverting his attention away. "Well it looks like I have to leave, nice crashing into you nerd girl." With a wink signaled my way he turns around and walked away. Jerk.

When I returned to the table Amy gave me a look. "Bumping into all the bad boys of the school I see" She teased smirking. I rolled my eyes and went back to my meal.

I really need to start watching where I'm going.