Chapter 25- Plans and Promises

-Emma-

The day after the club incident I had to admit I was still on cloud nine. I mean wouldn't you be to if your boyfriend told you he was in love with you? Okay, minus all the drama that happened it was still good confession. I think. We were all currently at lunch sitting at our usual spot, the steps, until Derek came looking like we got ran over by a semi truck. His clothes were wrinkled, his hair was sticking up all over the place and there were dark bags under his eyes.

"Dude, you look like you went to hell and back." Matt said.

"Shut the fuck up." Derek said irritated as he plopped down next to me and took my water bottle out of my hands taking a gulp from it.

"Hey!" I said smacking Derek over the head for taking my water, but I didn't take it back because it looks like he needed more than I did.

"Ouch, Emma don't do that I have a major headache." He whined holding the back of his head due to the pain.

"No one told you to drink so much." I said.

"I know, I know but in my defense I was just trying to have a good time."

I shook my head and stood up patting his head a bit too hard causing him to wince from the pain. I just love messing with Derek. I grabbed my trash and took it to the garbage can, when I turned back around Aiden was in front of me and he looked a bit nervous.

"Something wrong?" I asked him.

"Uh, no actually I wanted to ask you something." He said and I gave him a look that told him to continue. "Well, my chef Martha, actually she's more than my chef since she practically raised me. She's been asking to meet you because according to her she wants to meet 'the girl who has me smiling.' So I was wondering if you would like to go and meet her after school. If you don't want to its fine." Aiden said nervously.

I grinned at him. "Aiden I would love to go and meet her."

Aiden sighed, obviously relieved I agreed. "Thank you, Em. She'll love you." He said putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Well, I hope so."

When school ended Aiden and I didn't waste any time. We said good-bye to our friends and got into his car and made our way to his house. I have to admit I was a bit nervous meeting the lady that practically raised Aiden when his parents weren't there. I just hoped she liked me. Once we were parked in his roundabout driveway Aiden took my hand and led me inside to the kitchen where I saw a lady around her fifties with grayish hair bustling around the kitchen.

Aiden gave me one last smile and released my hand and went up to the lady. "Hey Martha." Aiden said giving her a kiss on the cheek. Martha looked up and gave Aiden a warm smile and pulled him into a hug.

"Hello honey. How are you?" She asked.

"Good." He said. "There is someone I want you to meet though." Aiden said gesturing towards me. "Martha meet Emma, my girlfriend. Emma meet Martha, the amazing lady who practically raised me." When Martha's eyes landed on me a bright smile made its way onto her lips. She moved from behind the counter and up to me and gave me a hug.

"Oh sweetie, it's such a pleasure to finally meet the girl that has Aiden finally behaving himself and the one who has been putting a smile on his face. Why aren't you a pretty little thing?" She said happily.

I smiled at her. "Well, I'm glad I finally met you Martha."

"Come, come. Sit, I just put cookies in the oven. You have to stay for those." I nodded and took a seat next to Aiden who was sitting on one of the bar stools. For the next hour Martha and I talked and ate her delicious cookies. She told me many stories about Aiden and his mischievous ways. I was having fun talking to her, she was so sweet and kind. "Are you staying for dinner honey?" She asked me.