Chapter 33-Relief

Start from the beginning

"I would do it again if I have too sweetheart." He said putting his arm around my shoulders pulling me into his embrace. Aiden and I sat like that for a few minutes until we heard approaching footsteps. When I looked up I was beyond shocked to see who was entering the emergency room. Mr. and Mrs. Black caught sight of Aiden and I and scurried towards us. When Aiden looked up to see who it was he was also shocked, probably more shocked then I was. Aiden and I stood up from our seats when they approached us.

"Oh honey. Why didn't you call us?" Mrs. Black said pulling me into her embrace.

"I-It slipped our minds." I stuttered out and it really did. I didn't even think about calling our parents and telling them what happened. I was too worried about what was going to happen.

She let go of me and went over to Aiden and pulled him into her embrace. His dad pulled me into a side hug. "Um, how did you guys know?" I asked a bit curiously.

"The hospital called us and told us. They knew who Aiden was since he would end up here sometimes due to him getting into a fights and such so they called us and told us that he was here, who he was here with and what happened.." His father said and I nodded. "We called your parents also. They're on their way over hear as we speak."

I sighed and sat back down. "How is he doing?" Mrs. Black asked as she sat down on the other side of me.

"We don't know yet. The doctors rushed him into a room and I haven't heard or seen anything since." I said.

"Have you called his family yet?" I nodded.

"That's the first thing we did when we got here. They should be here soon." She nodded. When I glanced at the side of me I saw that Aiden's face was emotionless and he didn't look to happy to see his parents. "Talk to your parents and tell them what happened." I said leaning over whispering to him. "They need their son now and you need your parents. I'm going to go see if they have heard anything yet." I said standing up. Aiden didn't say anything but only nodded. He's finally trying.

I walked up to the desk and asked one of the nurses if they have any new information. She answered with a 'no sorry, not as of right now.' I was honestly getting frustrated that no one knew what was going on, I wanted to scream and punch something, but I had to be patience and just hope for the best. A few minutes later everyone was seated and waiting quietly for the results, our friends had returned and our families has arrived and now by our sides.

"Are you the friends and family of the patient?" A doctor around his four ties with blonde colored hair and blue eyes asked. We all stood up when we heard that.

"Yes." I answered quickly anxious for the results as everyone else.

"Well." The doctor said flipping through the pages on his clipboard. "The patient is perfectly fine." He said with a smile. When I heard that I felt a weight on my shoulders being lifted and that I could finally breathe. "The bullet hit his hip, no major damage. He's lucky thought, a few more inches up and it would have hit him right in the abdomen area which could have caused critical damage. We took the bullet out and stitched him up, good as new. Visitors are allowed, two a time though." The doctor said and we nodded in understanding. "I just need the parents to fill out some paperwork for insurance and such, but that can be dealt with later on." With that, the doctor bid us a goodbye.

"Emma, you should go in." Amy said and I nodded grabbing her hand.

"We should go in." I said and she nodded with a small smile on her lips. Amy and I walked down the hallway passing a few doors till we reached the one we were looking for. Opening the door, Amy and I stepped in the room. It was a plain and simple room, there were a few windows, a nightstand that had flowers on it and a bed. I glanced up to see him looking back with a grin on his face and I couldn't help but grin back as he sat up in the bed. His light brown almost dark blonde hair was swept across his forehead a bit and his blue eyes sparkled a bit. I scurried over to his hospital bed and threw my arms around his neck. "Nick, if you ever do that again I will drop kick you to another country." I said hugging him.