Chapter Nine. Computer hacker

Start from the beginning

'So it stays secret. Is this part of your idea that's better than mine?' Jess put her arm round Emily's waist.

'I'm going to make more money, Jess, than your escorting idea. It's going to mean you won't have to screw men for a living.' 

Without work, both girls were running out of cash and each had commitments to pay next month. 

Emily switched her attention to the computer system of her previous employer and concentrated on the cookie she had installed into the computer of her ex-boss at work, which Emily had done at the same time as planting the Asian porn site. The hacking meant she could open his computer, use his password to approve a transaction, a small amount of money, to the dummy company. In twenty-four hours the company would have money allocated to it. Emily couldn't see why it wouldn't work. The amount involved was so small compared with the total budget of the Department of Health.

Jessica prepared them a meal, steak and kidney pie with peas and fries. And they drank the last bottle of wine. 

This gave Emily time to complete the computer arrangement to link the dummy company with the Swiss bank account. She folded the laptop.

-O-

Scott took Nicki to the restaurant at the top of one of the tallest buildings in London. Nicknamed 'The Gherkin', the office block was shaped like a bullet, but got fatter towards the middle of the building and pointed at the top. It was at the round top that Scott and Nicki had drinks. The bar gave them a 360 degrees view of London and beyond as far as the Surrey hills, thirty miles away. As it was night time, the glittering carpet of lights below them gave Scott a dream feeling that he owned the world, could do what he wanted, a free spirit.

'Look, you can see Guy's Hospital,' said Scott, as he pulled out a bar stool for Nicki. They leaned on the counter top which circled the edge of the entire round room.

'So beautiful. Look. Is that a plane?' Nicki pointed, and sent a whiff of perfume his way.

A small plane passed a mile away at the same level as them, on it's way to City Airport. Nicki put her hand on Scott's arm. 

It had never been difficult for Scott to attract women. At various times he had been told it was his dark, intense eyes; others had said the crease either side of his mouth, made more prominent when he smiled, was the attractive feature; a couple of times he had been told it was his body scent, the mixture of after-shave and masculine aroma, that appealed to women. Scott wondered whether his job and status had anything to do with it. But he let that thought go as Nicki made it obvious she wanted more than just a meal.

Scott lead the way downstairs to the restaurant below the bar. The table next to the window gave them a view of the London Eye, each enclosed passenger capsule lit up in blue. 

'I hear you know Emily,' said Scott, as he poured some wine for them both.

'Yes. She came to visit me at Guy's. How did you meet?'

'In the corridor, I bumped into her.'

'Oh yes, I heard about that.' Nicki took a fork and speared some whitebait starter. 'We were at uni together. Oxford.'

'She studied computer sciences?'

'Yup. She's very smart. Got a first. Bit of a feisty character though, and sensitive, if you know what I mean. We called her spunky.'

Scott slotted that bit of information to the back of his memory. Spunky? Hmm, he thought. He decided he couldn't pump Nicki for more facts on Emily, although he realised he was more interested in doing that, and not so keen on Nicki. She was certainly good looking and sexy. Ordinarily, Scott would have liked to take Nicki back to her flat to play some games. He reckoned she would be up for that. His type of bedroom games. To push boundaries.