14: Life

Ira

I'm gawking dumbfoundedly at the mark of a blue rose that formed on the side of my palm.

I know this will happen soon because of what Lucifer and I are doing, but it is unexpected for this to be early.

I am pregnant and it will be a boy.

Then this is the sign that I should execute my plan and move on with my life. I place a protected hand against my flat tummy, even though I am evil and killed innocent lives.

I feel attached already to the life that is growing inside me.

I went out from the bathroom and saw Lucifer's sleeping form on my bed. He said he love me.

Such a fool.

He fell for my trapped but the baby is unexpected. Though it doesn't matter, I will do my best to take care and love the child without his father.

He doesn't need anyone but me.

I will give everything he wants that will stop him from asking where could be his dad.

After wearing a plain blue dress and a lace cloak wrapped around my shoulder, I went out from the bedroom to take a stroll in my garden. I need to clear my mind first and plan my next move.

But instead going to the garden, I went to the chapel to have some tranquility. Some vampires tend to be religious and believe in the goodness of the Creator.

We conduct some sunday mass lead by the archbishop of my kingdom. Lots of noble people attending the mass, but exception for me.

I survey the chapel and noticed some incense on the altar. There is no one here, so I decided to go inside. Leaving the chapel door open to anyone who wanted to pray.

I choose the third aisle and sit there, enjoying the peace in the cold weather.

Honestly, I don't know how to pray or is it required to pray. But the archbishop told me that praying can bring you closer to the Creator.

I don't get what he mean but I did a lot of awful things and I know that vampires, doesn't have an afterlife. When we die, we will end up in a pile of ashes and our soul will disappear without a trace.

I am not afraid in the idea of dying. To be honest, I am waiting of somebody who is deserving to end my life.

But with a kid in the picture, I won't let someone else kill me that easily. This kid needs me more than anything else. I won't leave him parentless.

I noticed that someone entered the chapel, but I didn't bother myself to look who is it.

I slid the hood of my cloak on the top of my head and lean comfortably on the backrest of the aisle.

The footsteps sound closer to where I am and it stopped at the back of the aisle where I am sitting.

"Your chapel is nice, so vampires tend to be religious too." I know who is the owner of the voice so I don't bother myself to look at him.

"Some vampires are very religious. They love the Creator, they strongly believe in Him." I answered.

"Those who believe in Him, will always have His blessings." he stated.

I choose to be silent and focused my eyes on the altar. I thought he was going to hate me or loathe me after of what I have done to make him stay away from me.

Why he gotta be so kind?

"I actually think that you are not going to show up anymore. I did that on purpose to make you stay away." I blurted.

There is no reason to hide it anymore, I would just make a fool of myself if I don't tell him the truth, where they can detect a single lie. I guess.

"What makes you think that? Why do you want me to stay away from you? I didn't do something wrong against you, isn't?" he asked, gently.

I stiffened and try to think of all the reasons why I want him to stay away from me.

Why though? What could be the reason? He is nice and yet I am pushing him away.

'Because you are afraid of falling in love.' a voice whispered in my head. This time, I didn't heed its message.

I hastily stand up and I races towards the door, but Raphael blocked my way.

"Excuse me, you're blocking my path. Raphael." I said, calmly.

He touched my arm gently as he pulling me closer to his chest, he smells good.

"Didn't I tell you the reason? Lucifer is my lover and talking to you will infuriate him." I lied. I don't mind if he find out that I am lying, but I noticed that I have been poor in making any alibi.

He shake his head "I don't believe you."

"I am not asking you to believe me." I snarled, but when I tried to pull my arm away his grip tightened around my arm.

Yet not enough to hurt me. Are all angels like this?

"You are pregnant aren't you?" I feel like a cold bucket of water has been splashed on my back. How come does he know about this?

"Another new archangel will be born. Michael consulted the Divine Plan before we went here last time. He can see everything, but Lucifer doesn't have to know about the child." I was too shocked to respond.

I still cannot comprehend to everything he said, it's just that my mind couldn't process what I learned just now.

I was dragged back to reality when another hand pulled me away from Raphael.

"Is stealing away Lilith from me not enough, Raphael? And you even dare to take away my latest lover?"

"I don't love, Lilith. I couldn't love somebody who tricked and messed up with my mind." I heard Raphael answered.

"But you are still weak against her charms, no?"

"Not anymore, Lucifer."

"Would you please stop? You are making my head spin." I said. I didn't pay attention to their banter because of the revelations.

My child will be an archangel? Is that supposed to be good?

I yanked away my arm from Lucifer and stormed out from the chapel. I need to retrieve that feather Michael gave to me and kicked Lucifer's ass back to Gehenna as soon as possible.

If my child is going to be an archangel, then they will take him away from me?

I should talk to them once my plan has been executed.