nueve

Song of the chapter : Four Walls x Broods

T R O Y E

•••

We snuck out of school again.

It was like some kind of routine.

The only lecture we would attend would be Chemistry and after that we would need around the hole at the back fence of our school and sneak out.

Nobody even caught us.

It was fun just to go to the pizza place everyday, eat free cheese pizzas, take silly photos of each other and then just somehow reach back home.

I would always end up back home, in my own bedroom with Jacob's jacket wrapped around me but I would never understand how.

I decided just not to think much about it.

The cuts on my skin did not abruptly appear as much as they used to before. Somehow, it had become less and less as I started associating with Jacob or hanging around with him.

He just made me laugh heartily and be happy. It was something no one had ever bothered to do for me before so I really felt special.

I would be the last person to actually admit it but somehow, his silly pick up lines helped to pick up my broken pieces, motivation  and spirit.

I just loved spending time with Jacob.

So, scurrying down to the back of the school and crossing the small hole on the fence, I saw Jacob leaning against a lamp post and I immediately went up to him, hugging him from behind.

He did not hug me back. He knew that I do not like it at all.

"Hi muffin, you are a bit late today," he said with a smile.

"Yeah, a teacher was patrolling the corridors so I had to wait for her to go away," I said to him.

"Is it okay if I take you somewhere else, today?" Jacob asked.

"Why? Did Claire think I am too annoying?" I asked him.

"No, of course not. I just have some sandwiches and I thought maybe we could go somewhere new because like I am bored of eating cheese pizza every damn day," Jacob complained.

"I could not agree more with that," I said.

"So, uhm, where do you wanna go?" Jacob asked.

"Surprise me," I said with a shrug and he just gave a smile.

-

After walking for about fifteen minutes, we reached a small park.

Its entrance was decorated with small rose bushes of different colours which looked like something my future garden would have.

I just loved flowers. They made me feel some kind of way. Just like the way Jacob made me feel.

"You like flowers," Jacob said as if instantaneously reading my mind.

"How did you know that?" I giggled up at him while grazing  my fingers across the delicate red rose petals.

"I told you this earlier too! I am a mentalist," Jacob said with the most serious face he could pull.

"Then what are you doing here? You should be a cast member at Now You See Me 3," I said to him.

"Seems like a good idea. But then I would have to go away from you and I certainly could not do that," Jacob said while scratching his chin with his index finger and pretending to be in some kind of deep thought.

"Well, you could do that. I am a worthless piece of shit anyways. And like I don't even know why you are wasting your time on me-"

I could not complete what I was saying as I  felt Jacob placed his index finger in my lip and looked at him me with  frown.

"Stop that!" Jacob said.

I swatted his finger away from my lip as I asked him,

"Stop what?"

"Stop thinking you are worthless," Jacob said, trying to make me understand as I looked to my shoe.

"But I am," I mumbled after a long sigh, feeling the same bit of emptiness settling down at the bottom of my heart and making it ache.

"Troye, look at me," Jacob said sternly as I slowly lifted my head up to look at him, his hazel eyes looking back at me.

"Troye, do you realise, how hard I have been working to actually make you realize how much you are worth. I want you to know how pure and amazing you are. And I know at some point of your life, you may have been hurt or made some mistakes but guess what, we are all humans. We all make silly mistakes which we regret later. It just makes me sad because even after I try so much, I am not able to make you understand how much your existence and worth matters to me," Jacob said continuously as I just stared at him.

I did not know what else to say so I just looked down again, biting my lip and hearing Jacob let out a sigh.

When I looked at him again, he just reached his hand forward to on of the rose bushes and picked up a white rose, the thorns pricking his fingers as he flinched.

"Ouch, ouch," I said twice before I took his hand and frowned when seeing a small amount of blood pool around his fingertips.

"Why did you do this?" I asked him.

"Why did you say ouch twice?" Jacob asked me back.

"Because when you picked up the flower, it must have hurt the flower and it hurt you too," I explained to him.

Some people may think that this is just silly but I believed in it. Flowers are living things too. They get hurt too.

Jacob broke out in a small smile while shaking his head as he told me,

"Look at you, Troye Sivan Mellet. Are you even real? It feel like you are some kind of an angel incarnation. Like how could a person be so sensitive and kind?" Jacob asked.

"I am not sensitive. I just feel like flowers are pretty and should not be destroyed," I said or more like mumbled.

"Well, guess what, Troye? You are a flower too. A rose, in fact. Because you are such  beautiful flowers yet you have your own thorns. Don't let this beautiful flower be killed by your own thoughts, Troye. Please don't."

He gave me hope.

-

Double update I'm