Chapter 8 - The Queen and the Iron Brother

Start from the beginning

Even though this should be a time of excitement for everybody, none spoke a word considering they have a deadly bomb in front of them that seem to detonate everytime someone breathes.

"If you failed to triumph over the first Preliminaries, you still have the chance to join the final battle as long as you still have the needed points to spare."

"I am fairly sure that most of you, First Years, want to know what can you get by winning in the Magical Games. Of course, it'll bring you fame. But other than that, only the previous champions know."

"I think that's all you need to know firstly. Let the seniors tell you about other things here in Trantrumeria. Miss Totenkinder and Mister Fitcher, please lead the first years to their respective rooms," Professor Gehennam said followed by her exit.

As to their dismay, Professor Gehennam came back, "Oh, and one thing, I hope you listened earlier well to Professor Altronov about the boundaries students mustn't cross. And like all other school years, there will be no classes tomorrow as all students are allowed to familiarize around the school facility. Classes will start on Tuesday."

"And of course, please first years do speak to me one by one until tomorrow evening to define your wanted minor subjects and to get your schedule for classes as well. That's all and goodnight", she said and exited the room.

A senior boy with ash blonde hair stood and said, "Boys, follow me."

While a girl with a dark complexion lead the girls to a door at the right side of the room.

Drake stood from his chair and followed the line of other students to the left side of the room.

Earlier that day, Professor Altronov already designated each of their roommates, in which Drake mourned about having Ignacius as his roommate.

In his count, there are 16 of them, the new male students from the Serpens Cognatum.

If so, there must be a student who will have a room of his own because each of the rooms can only accommodate three.

How Drake wished he should be the one with the room of his own. Or maybe he is and he only misheard Professor Altronov?

He finally concluded that he is only straining his brain, as his name is in the middle of the list and the student with the name at the bottom of the list will get his own room.

While Drake contemplated about how his skills in Math is still good (or poor, or at least average) after boarding a magical bus, seeing a large caterpillar, being called a traitor and other sort of weird things; the student called "Fitcher" lead them to a passageway that is only illuminated by torches with green fire.

Drake pondered how the wizards can make such colorful fires. Are they using different kinds of fuels or are they using colored flammable liquids? He still doesn't know. He noted he should ask Rick or Summer about this.

Speaking of his two acquaintances, he wondered what are they doing now. He didn't see Rick after he went for the Sor Isle, and didn't notice Summer as well to leave the room after Professor Gehennam's "threats". Are they also being lead by their Cognatum Proctors (according to Rick) through several turns and forking paths or are they already sleeping?

Just then, the line came to an abrupt stop and slowly students by threes pile up to five different doors, while the remaining student who luckily got a room of his own proceeded to the end of the hallway where another door stood.

This is the moment where Drake properly introduced himself and examined closely what kind of roommates he will have.

He shook hands with Clyde Codreek which is a nervous black-haired guy with feeble knees as if his knees are only made of matchsticks. He barely can't keep a steady standing posture without almost falling to the ground, to be exact.