Chapter 5: Trolls and Chickens

Morning rays struck pale skin which made the young boy awake. He excitedly got up and did his morning routine for this very special day. He finished packing his belongings to his baggage when he remembered the place where the departure of the school bus is.

"69th Station eh?", he said to himself. "Where can I find such station?", he added while he got himself some map of the states.

After an hour, he gave up finding nothing on the map and finally headed outside of his house where he met his best mate who held a bag of groceries.

"Hey Drake, where are you going?", asked Seamus.

"Downtown... I will look for the 69th Station.", answered Drake.

"With all that luggage?", interrogated Seamus.

"I'll attend Trantrumeria. It's like a boarding school so I brought my things.", said Drake.

"What? You're attending that clown school?", scowled Seamus.

"Ugh, whatever Seamus. It's still a school. Besides, it's free of charge. And I thought you have said that you will support me.", answered Drake.

"Oops, sorry I forgot.", said Seamus. "Then, start now your journey in finding the 69th Station.", added Seamus.

"Okay bye. I think you should bring those groceries to your mother before she can chop you into two.", answered Drake with a grin.

"Yikes! I almost forgot! Bye!", said Seamus while running away from Drake.

* * * * * 

Two hours have passed and the thin pale boy saw no single clue about the location of the 69th Station. He sat down on a bench for a moment for his body is tired carrying his luggage when an odd old woman appeared by his side.

"Are you lost my dear?", asked the old woman.

"Not really, but I'm looking for the 69th station.", said Drake.

"69th Station? Oh! I think the departure of the bus at 69th Station will be in a couple of minutes.", answered the old woman.

"You know about the 69th Station? And in a few minutes they'll be departing?", asked Drake in a " worried-plus-hurried " voice.

"Of course I know about the 69th Station because I once looked for it.", said the old woman.

"Can you tell me where it is?", pleaded Drake.

"Young man, the bird you're looking for is a cage of red,
but don't look for it in a zoo, in a  farm or a shed.
From the eyesight of the foundation of this city, it's ahead.
5 eggs , 2 chicks, 8 hens, 9 dead,
and a penny is what you need to speak and to not dread.", chanted the old woman.

"But what do those words mean?", said Drake while he looked around hoping to find what the old woman described.

"You only have 7 minutes to find the 69th Station", said the old woman followed by a loud crack. Then, the old woman is nowhere to be found.

"What do those words mean?", Drake said to himself.

"Where can I find a cage here in this city! In a pet store maybe?", he yelled himself.