It takes two

After a long day in the Pawn shop, Rumple came back home to his wife. Every day became more and more exhausting in that place, every day the same objects all around him, the only thing that made him feel better in the whole day was getting home to see his darling Belle.

As he opened the front door, he left his keys on the kitchen table next to Belle's purse. By then he knew she was home.

"Belle?" He called out for her. He heard some footsteps from upstairs and then turned his attention to the gorgeous figure that ran downstairs to where he was standing. His wife surrounded him with her arms around his neck as she almost jumped over him excitedly and pulled him into a hug.

"Well hello to you too!" He said as a small chuckle escaped from his lips. She chuckled and giggled back. His eyes lit up at the sound of the sweet sound of her happiness. He didn't get to listen to that giggle all the time, specially when he got back home. Belle started working double shifts at the library the day she insisted they needed more money. The pawnshop didn't had as many clients as before and even though Rumple never denied her from anything she bought, which usually were only books, they still needed to save more money. Rumple didn't like one bit that she came home so late, he always knew he got to have just enough benefits to ensure his wife a good and stable life.

As it was for her, she didn't wanted to ever let go of him, not in the hug nor in life. Unfortunately she suddenly felt him slightly pulling away from her. His hands traveling from her back to her waist holding her close to him.

"Someone is in a good mood" He mentioned

She kept her bright smile as she looked into his eyes, her arms never leaving the touch of his black suit as this were resting on his shoulders.

"I'm glad you're home, that's why" she replied

"Really? why is that? You're usually not that glad" he exclaimed chuckling as he enjoyed every bit of Belle's smile. Himself smiling back.

"Well...I got some pretty exciting news..." she started as she grabbed his hands gently. Every part of her smile could light the whole town right now. Her mind could't stop thinking of how lucky they were at that moment and how happy she was, she hoped that he would be happy too when he heard the news.

He raised a brow curious of what that surprise would be. Whatever it was, he was sure he would love it, and he couldn't have been more right on that...

Belle squeezed his hands a little as her words slipped out of her mouth with that sweet accent she possessed saying...

"I'm pregnant..."

And there it was, it indeed came as surprise because now Rumplestilstkin, the great and powerful dark one, was frozen in his place. His face with no expression at all. As hard as she tried, Belle couldn't read his face as she usually did. The bookworm started to let go of his hands softly as she grew worried thinking that he hadn't like not even a bit what she had said.

Neither could react at that moment, as the seconds passed, Rumple finally mumbled in shock... but thrilled

"Could this be true...? Is this happening?" He thought

"I... I'm going to be a father...?" He asked trying to convince himself that Belle, his wife after all this years, had gave him another chance to raise a child, their child. He knew he didn't deserve a second chance and that was why he couldn't believe he was given another opportunity in parenting.

All she could do was nod. "Yes..." she said quietly thinking that he wasn't happy

"How could I be so stupid?! Of course he's not happy. You selfish woman. You better than anyone should know how much he has been through with his first child. Neal. Maybe this isn't the right time... maybe it's best if I give him some alone time to proses this... maybe-" Belle's thoughts were stopped.

Suddenly, Rumple cupped her face with both of his hands gently, careful to not startle her, and then he linked their lips together as soft as a feather to give a soft but deep kiss. A smile already stocked on his face.

Belle got wide eyed at first but then she kissed him back just for second before pulling away as her smile grew wide once again. "You're... you're happy?"

"Oh sweetheart no... no, I'm not happy. I'm thrilled" he said as his smile was just as bright as hers. He was overjoyed and couldn't have been happier at that moment. That was just what he needed, his family was starting to grow and that was just all he ever wanted though he knew he didn't deserved it. He held his wife closely as one of his hands traveled to her waist once again, the other still cupping her face as he pressed his forehead to hers. He kept looking down at her blue sky eyes never erasing his smile.

"Thank you Belle..."

⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙

"You two are all I ever wanted
love to be"