Not any love story

How would you know when you fall in love?

It isn't that easy you know? well at least you know you're attracted to this person whit lovely eyes and charming smile, oh and that brilliant hair he does every morning. well then yes, you can call it love.

I am in love. I can see his eyes waiting patiently for my response as he stands in front of me holding that ring.

I met him just a few years ago and he had been so kind to me...

Since the very beginning...

--------------------------------------------------------

*3 years ago*

I try to drink my coffee as fast as I can but it is almost impossible with how hot it is, still it's amazingly pleasing. Once I'm finally done, i head to the front door in a hurry. Suddenly, I accidentally smash  with a tall man wearing a black suit with purple tie, or well... at least it was purple... His tie and suit are now stained with the hot cocoa he was holding, and if it wasn't a bit worst... I'm stained with it too. I'm already late for work but little do I care about the mark the cocoa leaved on my dress, more about making sure that he was okay.

"oh my god... I am so so sorry.. I- I didn't meant to..." before I can be able to go on, he interrupts me with a dazzling smile on his face as he chuckles softly

"Do not worry about it Ms. French. Is perfectly fine?"

How does he knows my name? I'm sure I hadn't seen him around in Storybrooke, which is funny and strange considering is a very small town. Why is he chuckling? I just ruined his clothing.

I try to figure out what to say to him, maybe buy him another hot cocoa? Apologize again? What do I do?! I stay there frozen for some seconds or so, it seemed like years to me, before he reaches for some napkins on another table starting to clean ME up. He doesn't seem to worry a lot about his suit but I am.

"there is no need, seriously I'm fine. I promise" I assure to him "I need to get going to work... again I'm so sorry. I swear I'll make it up to you" I say trying to walk pass him to the door but something holding me back

"Ms French, your dress is stained with chocolate all over you... you cannot go to work like this" he insist

"but I'm going late and the mayor..." I'm interrupted for the second time as I grow worried for every second passing by while i'm not at work. Just think what the Mayor Regina might do to my salary freaks me out

"I'll talk to the mayor, I own a part of this town. Please do not worry. Now, I have some clean clothes at my shop, after you change you can go straight back to the library"

It feels like he can read my mind but at the same time, that question appears again. How does he know me so well?How does he know I work at the library? I finally give into it and nod.

He opens the door for me and guides me to his shop, just then I realize who he is. Mr Gold, the owner of that funny looking pawnshop, is being kind to me. I never had the interest on going to his shop and neither of getting the opportunity to meet him, how fool I was. He walks to what seems to be a back room in his shop and tells me to wait in the front; after some minutes he comes back holding a blue sky dress with some printed flowers on it, sort of a vintage outfit but definitely pretty.

As I take the dress, he points to the back room where he just came from offering it as a place so I can change. I stare at him for a moment with a expression that made him understand that i still didn't trust him well enough to believe he wouldn't be peeking out; there was no door to separate the two rooms, just some curtains.