twenty-six

the water was at a cool state since it was still bright out. but, the sudden collision was horrible. hopper was right, it felt like your body slapped on a pile of bricks. but, through all of this, finn never let my hand go. once I began to slowly sink, finn immediately dived down and scoop me up from under my arms and help me resurface. when we did, we both fell into a pit of coughs.

❝sage, I'm so-❞ before he could finish his apology, I cuffed the side of his face, and placed my thumb onto his lips and smiled. ❝dont.❞ I told him as our eyes met each others. without knowing, my thumb slowly grazed his bottom lip. soon enough, he pulled me to him by my waist and asked, ❝can I?❞ I slowly nodded my head and made the abrupt decision to make the first move. the water made his lips extremely soft, but still left me with a  faint after taste of salt water.

when we parted, we just smiled at each other. ❝i missed those.❞ he confessed, making my smiled widen. ❝we should probably...get out now.❞ I suggested, seeing as though my fingers looked like elderly raisins.

do you know how hard it is to find a cab when you're soaking wet, broke, under-aged, and accompanied with a celebrity? pretty hard.

therefore, we had to walk 3 miles to my hotel and of course we got mobbed by fans there, so we had to once again sprint to my hotel room. either my mom was out with Finn's mom, or sight seeing by herself. luckily, I had my hotel key, or we would be screwed. after I let us in, I closed and locked the door. then, finn turned around to me and gave me a nervous smile. ❝bathroom. do you have one?❞ he asked, then doing the "potty dance" I giggled and nodded my head. ❝the white door to your left.❞ I informed him. ❝thanks.❞

then he usain bolt sprinted to the bathroom and quickly shut the door. I laughed again then made my way over to my bed in search of clean clothes. once I found them, I neatly placed them on the bed while I took off my dirty, wet shoes and placed them onto the balcony. eventually, finn came out, holding a towel, and a wet phone. I decided against asking anything, and just went into the bathroom and changed into my new outfit.

which consisted of; a white crop top, overalls, white high top converse, and my hair curled. I didn't want to take the chance of putting on makeup, not knowing what else lies in today's agenda. so, when I walked out of the room, I was met with the most adorable sight I've seen in a while. finn is on the towel, on the couch, legs crossed, biting his bottom lip as he gives all his attention to the t.v. show on. bob's burgers.

I dont know if it was my inner mom or inner obsessed girlfriend instinct, but the biggest smile grew on my face as I began to coo. then, after getting some takis from the kitchen, I took a seat next to him. without looking at each other, we began a conversation.
❝hey, sage?❞ he asked. ❝yeah?❞ I replied back, eating a taki. ❝...why dont you ever say I love you back?❞ I suddenly wasn't hungry anymore. I just shrugged my shoulders and looked at my feet.

❝well, I dunno...I guess-we're just so young, we don't really know what love is y'know? and I would hate to say something I could regret later.❞ I explained. this time, he turned to me.
❝i would never hurt you, sage.❞ he told me. ❝i know that. but...do you really love me? or are you in love with the thought of me?❞ I asked him. ❝I am smitten with you. everything about you makes me happy. you're just the right amount of crazy that keeps our relationship sane,❞

he began, making me smile at his confusing words. ❝you're my escape from the fame, my own little paradise. its gotten to the point where I find myself unknowingly going through every picture we have together and smiling for the rest of the day...so for those reasons, I think its safe to say that yes, sage, I really love you.❞