Chapter 10

"Next up is Michelle! Singing Hazard to Myself!" Carson announced to the huge audience. 

About a week ago Christina and I were looking through song choices for me to sing. We agreed on this song by Pink and I have to admit, I really like it... I feel that it really fits me and my personality! Hey, I am a hazard to myself...

The crowd began to clap as I walked to the middle of the stage, my silver, sparkly shoes clicking with each step I took to the center of the stage. I looked out at the blinding lights and into the huge audience I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself to sing. Christina and I have been rehearsing a lot but since this was the first live round I was so nervous. 

The beginning of the song started to play. I was slightly shaking but I put my hand on my hip so that you wouldn't notice. I clenched the silver microphone and sang the opening notes,

Never win first place, I don't support the team

I can't take direction and my socks are never clean
...

Teachers dated me, my parents hated me

I was always in a fight 'cause I can't do nothin' right

I was doing good so far! As I continued to sing my nervous energy started to fade.

Every day I fight a war against a mirror

I can't take the person staring back at me

I'm a hazard to myself!

don't let me get me

I'm my own worst enemy

It's bad when you don't know yourself

So irritating, don't want to be my friend no more
...

I wanna be somebody else
I wanna be somebody else, yeah

L.A. told me you could be a pop star
, All you have to change is everything you are

Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears, 
she's so pretty that just ain't me

This line always makes me laugh! Like come on, you could've at least said Christina Aguilera! haha

So doctor doctor won't you please prescribe me somethin'
?

A day in the life of someone else
'

Cause I'm a hazard to myself! don't let me
 get me

I'm my own worst enemy, It's bad when you annoy yourself

So irritating, don't want to be my friend no more
...

I wanna be somebody else, yeah

Don't let me get me, don't let me
!

I hit that last, long note as the crowd began to roar. I felt good, as if I actually may have saved myself in this competition. Although I was proud of myself, I was still anxious to hear all of the judges critiques. It was still in the back of my mind that they may not have liked how I sang tonight.

"Great job! Okay, okay!  We will get to your coach soon but lets go to Adam first! Adam, what did you think? Carson questioned Adam.

"Michelle! You were absolutely amazing! I literally sit here and repeat myself week after week but there is honestly nothing bad to mention! Oh, and whatever LA says about you, don't listen because YOU will be a popstar!" Adam smiled.

The crowd clapped, obviously agreeing with what Adam had told me.

"Thank you so much!" I said to Adam while smiling.

"Blake?" Carson motioned for Blake to talk.

"I don't belive that you're 13 years old! There's no damn way! Great song choice!" Blake said to me in his country accent.

"And now for your coach, Christina!" Carson looked at Christina.

Christina smiled at me and began to talk, "Where do I even begin? That was amazing! Especially that last run!" 

Then she looked out to the audience and told them, "Please vote for my girl Michelle tonight! She won't let you down!!!" 

"Thanks Christina!" I replied to her with a big smile.

"Okay! So an amazing performance by Michelle! To vote and move her on to the next live round either text 5 to 8642 or call 555-5555!" Carson announced to the audience.

I gave one last wave to the crowd and walked off of the stage, very pleased with myself. I was honestly kind of proud of my performance tonight. I wouldn't be able to see Christina yet because the show was live and she had to sit there for the whole entire show. 

I decided to go back up to the suite that Jacquie and I shared so I could take my make-up off, relax and see Jacquie. I coudn't wait to see her! I climbed the stairs and finally reached the suite. I tapped in the code to unlock the door, each number following a beep. I grabbed a hold of the gold knob and pushed the heavy door open. I didn't feel like going into my personal bathroom, so I walked into the one that both Jacquie and I share. I grasped the handle and pushed the door right open. 

I pushed it open, revealing the bathroom and gasping at the site that I saw, just like a deer in the headlights... freezing in my tracks....

------

Author's Note-

hahaha cliffhanger! Im evil! mwahaha! jk... you will probably get an update later this week! xoxox thanks so much for reading!! and im so sorry that this is a short chapter! I have to finish some homework but I will make the next one long!