Chapter 3

***May Be Triggering, Includes Self Harm***

Michelle's POV

I woke up to the sound of rain falling. I got out of my bed as my tangled hair tumbled down onto my back. I went over to my window... I saw the glimmering rain, bouncing off of my window sill. It was like thousands of diamonds falling from the sky. 

As I walked downstairs it hit me...

"Today is the day, I am auditioning for The Voice!!!" I screamed inside my head

"Am I ready?!... Should I practice more!?... I'm not even going to make a team..." I thought, silently second guessing myself 

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard,

"Want to eat anything Michelle?" My mom asked.

"Nah! I'm good... I will eat after! I need to get ready." I replied

"Okay!" She said

I bounced up the stairs and into my room. I unplugged my iPhone, which was in a gold, metallic case. I started walking into the bathroom to take a shower. I turned on the water as the hot steam began to fill the room. I peeled off my sweatpants and tank-top and then stepped into the shower. My cuts from the other night stung quite a bit, but it wasn't too bad. I was used to the feeling...

I got out of the shower, wrapped my self in a black, fluffy towel and got my pink blow-dryer out. I plugged it in and  began to dry my hair.

After my hair was dry, I walked into my closet. I didn't know what to wear! I need to look good because I am going to be singing in front of the legendary Christina Aguilera! I looked through a few racks of clothes and finally found the perfect outfit. I am going to wear a mint/light blue heart, open back dress along with black wedges. I'm also going to wear a silver, chunky chain necklace. Oh, and of course make-up and silver bangles to cover my cuts! I'm going to try not to self harm today... I made a promise to myself.

I went back into the bathroom and slipped on the dress. I grabbed my pink make-up bag and took out my cover-up. As the make-up cascaded over my cuts, they actually covered!! One less thing to worry about! But I still slid on the bracelets, just in case. I also put on some black mascara and shiny lip gloss. I reached for my curling wand and made a couple of loose curls at the bottom of my long, brown hair. 

I bounced down the staircase and went to sit on the couch. I'm so happy my dad isn't around today... I was lost in my thoughts as I heard the chime of the door bell sound. Within a couple of seconds my Grandma and Aunt came through the front door. Soon after Chloe arrived.

"Ready to go!?" my mom asked.

"Yes!" I eagerly replied.

I reached for my purple umbrella and then we walked out the door and into my moms sleek, black car. I stared nevously out the window. I was woken from my day-dream when I heard...

"We're here!"

We all got out of the car and walked into The Voice studio. I was so excited and nervous. But then again, I was so happy! I was in the same room as CHRISTINA AGUILERA! 

My Mom, Grandma, Aunt, Chloe and I all were sitting and waiting on the couch for me to go on stage. Chloe and I got Starbucks while we waited. I got a caramel macchiato and Chloe got a java chip frappuccino.

All of a sudden, one of the backstage managers called my name and number. I was led backstage to the doors. 

I grew more nervous by the second. My hands were shaking and sweating. This is it, I thought. Before I knew it the big, voice doors swung open. I had no choice but to go out and do this.

I headed to the stage as my wedges clicked along the floor. I stood in the middle of the stage, waiting for the music to start playing. I immediately took notice of the HUGE audience which was slightly nerve-wracking. 

The music started playing and then it was time for me to sing. This is my time to shine, I took a deep breath and started to sing...

Birds flyin' high, you know how I feel

Sun in the sky, you know how I feel

Breeze driftin' on by, you know how I feel

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me.

Yeah, it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, ooooooooh...

And I'm feelin' good....

As I'm singing all of a sudden I glance over to the coaches chairs and notice that CHRISTINA AGUILERA'S chair was starting to turn!! I had to control myself from screaming so I wouldn't ruin the song and my chance.

By the end of the song, all of the coaches chairs had turned around. After I finished the last note, everyone in the audience and all of the coaches stood up and clapped for ME!

"This doesn't seem real! I honestly can't believe that this is all happening!" I thought in my head.

"okay, okay! What is your name?!" Christina asked me.

I had to keep quiet and try to act normal before my inner fangirl came out! I didn't want Christina to think I was crazy!

"Michelle" I told her.

"and how old are you?" Ceelo asked me.

"13 years old!" I said

"Wow! You are AMAZING! You have so much soul to your voice!" Christina said.

At this point I was literally about to scream! My idol likes my voice!

"Are you a fan of Christina? I heard a little bit of her influence in your voice." Adam said.

"Yes! haha, I'm a fan!" I replied.

"Oh come on! We're all screwed!" Blake joked.

"Aww thanks!" Christina said as she smiled.

"I know you will probably go with Christina but I don't really care! I will light myself on fire in order to get you on my team!" Adam said.

"haha" Both me and Christina laughed.

"Okay, so who are you going to pick as your coach?" I was asked.

I scanned the coaches. Blake was pointing his finger! I laughed silently to myself.

I took a breath and said...

"Christina! Team Xtina!"

"Yes! Yes!! Yay!!!" was all that Christina said.

She got up from her big, red chair. She hugged me and welcomed her to Team Xtina. 

Christina looked gorgeous! Even though this was the first time I actually met her, I felt safe in her arms.

After she hugged me, I started to walk off of the stage. I waved to the audience and continued walking. My wedges clicked on the shiny stage as I headed to the doors. If you told me last year that I would have a chance to win The Voice and be on Team Xtina, I wouldn't even believe you. 

"Maybe dreams do actually come true..." I muttered to myself as I walked off of the stage.

"I have a group of SINGERS" Christina bragged as I headed through the red, heavy, voice door. 

As soon as I got backstage my family was hugging and congratulating me! Even my mom. I couldn't even believe what had just happened! It seemed like a dream! 

"CHRISTINAAA!" Chloe screamed!

I was so excited to go to my first rehersal in two days!

----------------------

How is it? Any ideas?! Comment them below! 

Next Update:

8+ Votes

15+ Reads?

Love you guys! xoxox