Falling yet again

Start from the beginning

"And if so?" I asked casually as I closed my book and turned to him.

"Just curious, I know I haven't been around...at all, but I'm still your uncle, you can talk to me," Sirius smiled slightly, I only laughed as I watched him try to be an parental figure for me. "So what happened?"

I let out a shaky breath, "I haven't told him about my father and well...if you keep a secret that huge from someone it ruins a relationship so now he won't talk to me until I tell him."

"It looks like he wants to talk to you, I swear he doesn't look at anything else as much as he studies you when you enter a room."

"I'll lose him forever...this way...this way is better," I nodded once. I had made peace with my choice, but having him here made it so much harder to deal with.

Sirius fell silent, "better for who?" he chuckled slightly.

"For everyone," I frowned slightly as I jumped up, "I'm going to see Buckbeak. Please get me for dinner."

Sirius studied me silently but didn't say a word, "yes, Rye. Make sure you give him a rat while you're up there." I nodded before walking away.

I slowly walked up the stairs, passing closed doors that each held something different, I stopped beside one as a voice floated toward the landing.

"I miss her."

"I know you do."

"Why was I such a git?"

"Go talk to her."

There was a moment of silence, "she doesn't want me to." I wanted to kick in the door and scream how I'd do anything to have Fred back but I didn't. I continued walking before I broke down. I wanted him back, I truly did, but I knew that he would demand to know what I was hiding and I couldn't handle telling him the truth. He'd leave just like the rest of them, aside from George...and Harry...and Ron...and, alright so there were loyal friends but Fred was different. I couldn't live with the idea of him not loving me anymore when he found out who I actually was.

"Riley?" I turned around to see Fred looking up at me from his room.

I gave a small wave before continuing to walk but Fred popped right in front of me, which made me take a step back.

"Can we talk?" He whispered.

"I can't at the moment, I'm busy getting something for Sirius," I shrugged.

"I never asked you to get me anything." Why does luck hate me so much?! Sirius appeared behind me and I inwardly groaned.

"Then we can talk," Fred grinned.

I shook my head, "not now." I brushed pass him and Sirius, trying to make it to Buckbeak's room without crying but I was a wreck as I opened the door. I leaned my head against it, I could hear Sirius and Fred talking.

"I just want her to talk to me."

"You did break her heart."

"I've regretted that everyday, it was just so frustrating. There's a secret she won't tell me and everyone else seemed clued in but me, even after I told her I loved her , shouldn't that matter?"

"Riley has her reasons, you have to accept that. It's not an easy secret to handle, mate. She would rather be alone than risk losing someone over it."

There was silence after that, I began crying harder as I sat there. Buckbeak watched me out of the corner of his eye, wondering what I was doing but I sat there, quietly sobbing as time progressed. I hated what I did to Fred, I hated what I did to myself, I banged my head against the door in frustration until I felt the the door push open a bit.

"Let me in."

I sat up and let Sirius in, he looked at me with concern before he sat down beside the door and gestured for me to join him. We sat side by side in silence for a while.

"Everything will work out," Sirius whispered finally. "It always does, trust me."

"How?" I choked out.

Sirius gave a small smile, "that boy is in love with you, so much so that he looked sick the moment you stepped away from him. Trust me, everything will work out in the end."

"I'm the daughter of a death eater. No one can love me." I looked up at Sirius, his eyes were brimming with tears as he studied me.

He gave a great big sigh, "you're overreacting."

"I'm terrified."

"Have you told any of them?"

"Yes."

"And they still accept you?"

I nodded, "it feels different with Fred....He....I don't think he would-"

"Did you think the others would?"

"I didn't exactly give the information willingly."

"What makes the faith in friends different than him?"

I was quiet, Sirius was wise. Wiser for someone who had spent years wrongly imprisoned. Without a word, he squeezed my shoulder and left the room. Leaving me in my thoughts.