Falling yet again

Start from the beginning

"What was that?" I asked before Sirius ran up the stairs two at a time, we followed him until we found him in the top most room.

"Its alright, its okay. Its just a scrape, see? I'll clean it right up for you," Sirius was saying soothingly. I walked into the room to see who he was talking to when I saw the hair and froze, that brown hair that came down to the shoulders and that face—that beautiful face with those green eyes that constantly mesmerized me. When Sirius stood up and I got a better view I saw shock written all over Riley's face as she stared back at me. Sirius glanced between us and coughed something about getting a towel.

"What're you doing here?" I whispered.

Riley looked away, "I live here."

I shook my head, "I thought you were with Oliver."

Riley laughed, "he's busy. I haven't seen him," she muttered dejectedly. I broke down and went to comfort her like I always did. I sighed, she had me in her grasp like usual.

I heard Sirius come back as he reached over me and took her hands to clean them, I backed away and smiled as Sirius stood up and frowned. "So you're the bloke that's been hurting my niece." He didn't state it as a question but as a fact. A rather sad fact.

"He didn't mean to Sirius, I'm the one who's been hurting him." Riley stated as she wrapped the towel around her hand.

Sirius patted her on the shoulder, "Let's have a chat Fred." Riley said as she walked out of the room.

I nodded and held out my hand for her, I saw the sparkle in her eyes and I smiled. It was too hard to stay away from this girl—or so I thought. I pulled her into a tight embrace and felt my body let out a sob I didn't know I was holding in as I held her tightly. "I'm so sorry," I sobbed. I pulled away, holding her face in my hands and looked at that face that was haunting my dreams, "I never meant to hurt you so much, I was an idiot."

Riley stepped away and shook her head, her jaw set as her hair shifted to pure black, "no...I can't do this." and she walked out of the room without another word, behind me Buckbeak the hippogryiff made a clucking noise and I turned and bowed to him. I grabbed one of the dead mice by the door and tossed it to him before leaving the room and disapparating to the kitchen.

For the rest of the week, we were given the task of straightening the house during the day, at some point Hermione arrived and she and Ron and Riley talked in hushed tones. I noticed that Riley glanced at me constantly and each time I smiled at her but she frowned, I began noticing how close her and Ron were getting and even George was getting closer to her. It started bugging me how she stayed in Ron's room late into the night and only when I heard the creaking of the floor boards outside my room did I know she was awake.

"Harry was attacked by dementors," Riley stated one day as we cleaned living area.

Everyone froze as she handed over trash bags for each of us, "I heard the Order talking."

Hermione and Ron gave worried looks to each other and Riley grabbed their hands slightly. We worked silently until mum told us to go into our rooms, we went upstairs to our rooms and I stared at George as he got out parchment and began writing.

"What products should we work on now?"

I shrugged as George began suggesting names.

*Riley's POV*

I can't go back, he wouldn't accept me, I don't care what George says. That's what I kept repeating to myself every time I looked up and saw Fred staring at me.

"So...Fred...that's the twin that you loved right?"

I raised an eyebrow as Sirius sat beside me on the couch, I was reading alone in the small living room while everyone else was doing something else.