Chapter 17

Okay.... Two chapters in one day!!! Hope you love this chapter!!!

*          *               *                      *                                      *

     Vincent pulled me to him and our lips met. His lips were soft and moved perfectly against mine. When we pulled apart Vincent wrapped me in a bear hug.

     "Can I have your attention?" King Ulric's voice boomed over the sounds of the crowd.

     Silence immediately flooded the room. I turned, along with everyone else, to face where King Ulric was standing.

     "Now that my son has chosen a bride the royal wedding will soon be upon us. The date is set for the night after next. You are all invited to attend. This marks the conclusion of the coming of age ball. Please be careful on your way out. Goodnight."

     When King Ulric had finished the crowd unstantly made for the door. Suddenly I was hugged from behind and I screamed in surprise.

     "Calm down it's just me." Ace said, coming to a stop in front of me.

     "You almost gave me a heart attack!" I yelled.

     "I'm so happy for you!" Ace yelled before pulling me into another hug.

     "Thank you!" I said, squeezing him.

     "Come on Ace. I'm sure these two don't want you hanging around." Damon said, grabbing Ace's shirt as he walked past us.

     "Bye Zandy!" He called just before the door closed.

     "Come on. I can't stand being in these clothes anymore." Vincent said.

     I laughed and let Vincent grab my hand as we walked out of the ballroom. We intertwined our fingers as we walked down familiar corridors. When we got to our two bedrooms I moved to enter my room, but Vincent pulled me into his.

     "What are you doing?" I asked.

     "All your clothes are at Ace's. Remember?" He replied.

     "Oh, yea." I mumbled.

     "Hold on. I'll get you something." He said, moving toward his closet.

     I took time to look around Vincent's room. His walls were black with gold borders. The carpet was black with white rugs on top. He had a king size bed pushed up against one wall. His comforter was red to match the window curtain. Across from his bed was a huge flat screen TV.

     "Here, put thesse on." Vincent said.

     My head snapped towards him and my eyes found the clothes he was holding towards me. Vincent was now in pajama pants and a t-shirt so I took the clothes from him.

     "Unzip me?" I asked, turning my back to him adn pulling my hair out of the way.

     I felt Vincent's cold hands on my back as he unzipped my dress. I let the dress fall around my ankles and stepped out of it. Then I picked up the pair of black pajama pants Vincent gave me and slipped them on. After tightening the strings I pulled the black Hollywood Undead t-shirt over my head. Then I turned back to Vincent.

     "Let's watch a movie!" I said excitedly.

     "Okay. Pick one out while I quickly make some popcorn." He replied.

     Vincent gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving the bedroom. I smiled to myself as I walked over to the movie cabinet. After scanning the movies I picked out The Devil Inside and put it in the DVD player. Then I grabbed the remote and brought it over to the bed. I propped a couple pillows against the head board before sitting down and pulling the comforter over my legs. I waited for about a minute before Vincent returned.

     "What are we watching?" He asked, handing me the popcorn as he got comforatable.

     "The Devil Inside." I answered.

     "Well alright, hit play." He said, grabbing a handful of popcorn.

     I pressed the play button and settled back to watch the movie.

     By the time the credits were rolling across the screen I had my head burried in Vincent's shoulder and my hands were gripping fist fulls of his shirt.

     "You can look now. It's over." Vincent said as he gently rubbed my back.

     "That was freakin' scary." I said, lifting my head.

     "Wanna go to bed?" He asked.

     "Can I stay here?"

     "I'd hope so. You are my fiance." He said, chuckling slightly.

     "Oh yea." I mumbled, my cheeks flushing.

     Vincent smiled as he flipped off the TV. I pulled away from him as we both layed down and got comforatable. Vincent flipped off the lamp and got closer to me. I felt his chest press against my back as he draped an arm around my waist.

     "Goodnight Z." He whispered, kissing my shoulder.

     "Goodnight sexy." I replied, a smile forming on my face.

     I fell asleep that night feeling the happiest I had ever felt. I would soon be marrying the guy I love, and I have the best friendsI could ever ask for. Finally I closed my eyes adn drifted off to sleep.

     When I woke up the next morning Vincent and I were in a different position. He was now flat on his back with one arm around me. I was curled up against his side with one hand resting on his muscled stomach. I heard the doorknob jiggle so I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

     "Oh Jocelyn look at them. We can't wake her up now." Madeline's voice said.

     "Well sure we can." Jocelyn replied.

     "Fine, but I'll be waiting in the kitchen." Madeline said.

     I heard footsteps retreating before Jocelyn walked around to my side of the bed. Suddenly I felt her hands on my back and I jumped in surprise. Vincent was instantly awake.

     "Jocelyn you scared me!" I breathed, putting a hand over my chest.

     "Do you need something?" Vincent asked her.

     "Yes actually. Your mother and I are taking Zandabelle wedding dress shopping." She replied.

     "Really?" I asked.

     "Yup." She replied.

     "Let's go." I said, throwing off the comforter.

     "We'll meet you in the kitchen."

     With that Jocelyn shut the door and left. I got up out of bed and found a pile of my clothes on Vincent's dresser. I quickly grabbed them and ran into Vincent's bathroom to take a shower. When I finished I slipped into my clothes and wlaked out of the bathroom. Vincent was changed and waiting.

     "Ready?" He asked.

     "Yup!" I replied.

     Vincent took my hand and we began our walk to the kitchen. When we walked into the kitchen Jocelyn and Madeline were waiting.

     "Grab some breakfast and then we can get going." Jocelyn said.

     I nodded and sat down with a bowl of cereal. When I finished we all walked to the oak front doors.

     "Bye Vincent." I said after I had my shoes on.

     "Have fun." He said, giving me a quick peck on the lips.

     I smiled at him before leaving with Jocelyn and Madeline.