Chapter 14

Two chapters in one day!!! Take that bitch!!

Zandy's coming of age ball dress ---------------------------------------------------------->

*       *                *                             *                                              *

     Oliver smiled at me and left the room. Jocelyn came back but she made me put the dress on before I could see it. I opened my eyes when she said I could and looked at myself in the mirror. The dress was cherry red. It was strapless with a sweetheart neckline. It was fitted to my body but fell away a little past my hips. The red of the skirt was cut away in a v revealing white material.

     "Jocelyn it's beautiful! Thank you!" I said.

     "I knew you'd like it!" She squealed.

     "You've gotta be kidding me!"

     I looked up to see Ace standing in the doorway, mouth open.

     "What?" I asked.

     "I thought you hated floor length dresses." He said.

     "I do." I replied.

     "Ha!" He yelled to his mother.

     "But this is for a ball." I said.

     "Ha!" Jocelyn yelled back at him.

     "Stop!" I shouted.

     Ace and Jocelyn instantly went quiet. I told Ace to go to his room and Jocelyn helped me get my dress off. I thanked Jocelyn once more before exiting her room.

     "Ace!" I called.

     "What?" He asked from inside his room.

     "Let's go do something." I said.

     "Like what?" He asked.

     "Let's go swimming!" I said excitedly.

     "Fine." He sighed.

     "Okay, call Vincent and Damon. Tell them to meet us there." I demanded.

     "Why? I thought you were mad at Vincent." He said.

     "You know how I went to see Shar this morning about my bruises?"

     "Yea." He replied.

     "Well he slapped me. I broke up with him and went to Vincent for comfort. I forgave him, and we're cool now." I explained.

     "Fine, I'll call them." Ace said.

     I squeal, grab my swim suit, and rush into the bathroom. My suit consists of a bikini and swim trunks. The bikini is plain black. Once I have that on I pull up my black and red plaid swimming trunks and tie them securely around my hips. I pull my hair into a pony tail, smile at my reflection, and exit the bathroom.

     "What are you wearing?" Ace asked.

     "Yes, they are guy swim trunks. No, I will not be taking them off." I said.

     "Why are you wearing swim trunks?" He asked.

     "Because I don't want people staring at my butt." I said.

     Ace chuckled as he grabbed a couple towels and I pulled a shirt over my head. Ace is wearing neon green swim trunks with a t-shirt.

     "Let's go. Damon and Vincent said they'll meet us there." Ace said, walking out of his bedroom.

     The car stopped in front of the school and we climbed out. Damon and Vincent were waiting for us next to Vincent's car. Silently we walked around to the back of the building which held our schools indoor pool. Vincent pulled out a key and silently unlocked the back door. Once we were inside and the door was securely locked we let out shouts of victory.

     "There aren't any windows. Turn on the lights, I can't see." I said.

     One of the guys flipped the switch and the building was flooded with light. I smiled and stripped out of my shirt. I ran and jumped into the pool. I surfaced and saw Vincent pulling down his sweatpants.

     "Really?" I asked, laughing.

     "It takes a real man to wear these." Vincent said.

     "Yea Zandy. Not every guy can rock hot pink swim trunks." Ace said.

     I look over at Damon who had just stepped out of his sweatpants. He was wearing bright blue swim trunks. The guys were standing shoulder to shoulder and I noticed their trunks were exactly the same except for the colors.

     "Did you guys go shopping for those together?" I asked.

     "Yup!" Ace chirped happily.

     "Why didn't you get a different color?" I asked Vincent.

     "These were the only three colors, and someone said we couldn't have the same color." He said, giving Ace a pointed glare.

     "We would've looked weird." Ace said.

     "I still don't understand how you got stuck with pink." I said.

     "These two distracted me while they grabbed the other two colors." He said.

     "How'd you do that?" I asked.

     "I said 'look a distraction' and the idiot fell for it." Damon said.

     "Okay! How about we swim now?" Vincent said, jumping into the pool.

     Damon and Ace shrugged, then let out war whoops before jumping in with us.

     Ace and I stumbled through the door laughing. Oliver gave us a glance before walking away. Jocelyn waited until we had calmed down before talking.

     "Get upstairs and go to sleep. You've got school tomorrow." She said.

     Ace and I nodded before sprinting up the stairs. Then minutes later we were laying in bed, the lights out.

     "I had fun today." I whispered.

     "Me too. I missed doing stuff like that while you were mad at Vincent." Ace whispered back.