Chapter 8

Dylan's POV-

Blaire and I walked into school the next day and the focus seemed to finally be off of us, which was good because now she could finally relax. A few heads turned our way, but they quickly went back to what they were doing when I grabbed Blaire's hand. She laughed, shaking her head, "It's crazy how everyone wants to be up in your business during high school, but after all this is said and done, no one cares." She said, and I nodded in agreement. Once we were at her locker, I caught a glimpse of Amber coming our way. 

"Oh, hi guys, what's up! Didn't see you here yesterday, what happened?" She asked, faking concern. "Well, let's see. Oh yeah, none of your business!" Blaire mocked, and if looks could kill, Amber would be long gone. "Alright, well I gotta get to class, see you at lunch." I said to Blaire, kissing her cheek. She smiled, "Sounds good to me." She hugged me, then we parted ways. I heard the beginning of Amber saying something, but I just walked away because I have no concern for anything she's got to say.

Blaire's POV-

"So, it looks like I got you two together, huh?" "Hah, you wish Amber. Your big mouth had nothing to do with this." "Believe what you want B, but this was all me." You know I'll still kick your ass right? Leave me alone, and don't call me B, only my friends get to call me that" That finally shut her up. She turned on her heel and walked off, trying to make herself seem better than me. I just chuckled to myself as I walked to class. I was really enjoying her thinking she had something on me, when in all reality I could have her life ruined in a matter of minutes, but I'm not gonna stoop to her level.

I walked into English and Karli waved me over. "Get over here, you've got some explaining to do!" I walked over and sat down next to her, and she was looking at me with expectant eyes. "So what did you guys do yesterday and how did you guys start you know, dating and stuff-" "Karli, tone it down, I'll tell you everything if you just calm down." She giggled, and I finally got her to shut up long enough to start my explanation. "I already told you about how he told me he "Needed help with his math homework" Which was true, but he took advantage of that to ask about the whole situation and he told me he felt the same.

And now we're together and he wants to "Take it slow" and I do too so I guess we're in agreement there so things just kind of happened there. Then yesterday I decided I'd skip school for another one of my oh so popular adventures, but I wanted Dylan to come with me so I convinced him to come along and we went to Skyline Trail and hiked a couple miles, but the only way I convinced him to hike was because I told him we'd swim afterwards. Then, being the guy he is he went into perv mode and we played around in the water and stuff, then we went home."

I finished explaining it to her, leaving out the part with the woman at the cafe, deciding I wouldn't give her a full blown heart attack. "Wow, that's impressive. I remember that one time when you left for like three days and destroyed your perfect attendance and your mom got so mad." "That was the highlight of last year, I still can't believe she didn't kill me." We laughed, recounting moments from the beginning of high school. 

To be honest, I've never been what you'd call reckless, but I like adventure so I have these moments where I just leave with no warning, and it doesn't exactly go over well with my mom. I usually call when I'm far enough away to where she can't find me, but I haven't got the balls to completely leave the state yet, I'll wait till Spring Break for that, and actually get permission from my mom so that she doesn't bury me alive.

Dylan's POV-

Mrs. Simmons had sent me into the empty room next to her class to take the test I missed yesterday, which I actually had a pretty good feeling about. Most of the time when I know I've got a test in here, I freak out because my Pre-Calc skills aren't the best, but Blaire's good study buddy skills have got me hopeful for at least a C on this test. I focused on the identities because those are always hardest for me, but once I got through two or three of them, I realized they were actually pretty easy.

I got done with the test in half an hour and walked back into class confident that I had done a good job. Ms. Simmons gave me a look, "You sure you're done?" She asked, and I nodded, "Yep." I said, handing it to her and going to my seat. I opened my notebook and started on my notes, writing down all the examples and making sure I had all the answers right. When we got our homework, I tried to focus on it but couldn't get yesterday out of my mind. 

I had so much fun yesterday, and was really happy that I got to go on that adventure with Blaire. Usually she goes off on her own, but she always tells me when she's leaving. It might sound weird, but I feel kind of honored that she wanted me in on it this time. We didn't even do much, but just the feeling of being with her was enough to make me happy. The hike was kind of a drag, until near the end when she had me piggy back her down to the beach. It was really funny though, because she kept calling me a pervert for admiring her. I mean, she's got a nice body and she should flaunt it. 

It feels good to be able to admire her like that without it being awkward though, now that we're together. If I would have done that beforehand, there's a good chance she would've hit me. I'm just happy we're a thing now, because I've always felt something for her and now I can act on it. Also, I like that I can take things slow with her. It just feels so natural to be with her, even if we're not doing stuff. That's when you know what you've got is real, when it's not based on sexual attraction, but on real feelings.

A/N Hey guys, I put a gif of Dylan's butt in this time because damn son. Comment if you want a dedication :-)