Chapter 4

Dylan's POV-

I've always kind of suppressed my feelings for Blaire, because it'd be so awkward to admit that and be rejected. But with all this talk going around about her being into me, I need some type of way to know from her directly. I could ask Karli, but she'd never tell me because she's devoted to the art of secret keeping, which is actually really good. I didn't want to overwhelm her yesterday since I knew she was going through a lot with all of this crap going on at school, and I know that dropping a bomb like that today would probably rattle her cage a little, but I needed to do something before it was too late.

I weighed my options as I walked to my car for lunch. I waited for Blaire, because we always go for lunch together, and it's my turn to drive today. I tapped a beat on the steering well, thinking that a time like this would be perfect to ask her about it, but I decided I'd wait until after school because then I could actually sit down and talk to her about it.

"Where to for lunch today?" She asked when she finally showed up, swinging the door open, a smile gracing her face. "I'm feelin Arby's today, I'm in desperate need of one of those fruit swirl smoothies.""Sounds good to me, mozzarella sticks are calling my name!" We drove with one of the multiple mix tapes I had, specially meant for car rides. Blaire was jamming out to Collide, dancing in her seat and belting out lyrics. I laughed, but joined in with her. "I'm gone, hungover, I'm love drunk not sober!" We screamed the lyrics, rolling down the windows and letting go. I haven't seen her this happy in a long time, and it feels really good to be with her when she's like this.

We pulled into Arby's and she jumped out of the jeep, taking a full on sprint to the door. "Wait up B!" I yelled, and she stopped at the door and held the door open. "I'm just in a good mood today, don't rain on my parade!" "I would never." I rolled my eyes playfully, and she nudged my arm.

After we got out food, me sat down at one of the tall tables, because Blaire "Likes to feel tall". "Blaire, you're only 5'1", nothing is gonna make you taller." I laughed, and she made a face at me "Oh shut up, you didn't hit your growth spurt until the beginning of this year, you didn't start going to the gym until the beginning of this year! So you have absolutely no room to talk." 

She always made fun of the fact that I was a scrawny kid, so I guess her comment on me going to the gym means I've bulked up a little. We ate in almost silence, her scarfing down her mozzarella sticks in less than ten minutes. I always loved that she wasn't afraid to eat in front of people like most the girls at our school, but I guess her metabolism gave her right to do whatever she pleased food wise.

When we got back to school, she wasn't half as enthusiastic about getting out of the car. She hugged me once we got in front of the doors, "Thanks for lunch, I'll see you later." "No problem, and you're coming over after school, I need help with my Pre-Calc homework, and I know for a fact that you can help me." "Sounds good to me, I'll be there!" We parted ways, and I walked into US History feeling on top of the world.

A/N Hey there, here's another chapter! Hope you're enjoying this, things are gonna start getting interesting soon! As usual, there's a picture/gif in the sidebar :-)