Chapter 7

A/N Hey guys! Alright, so things are getting interesting, the next chapter's gonna be pretty interesting though, so watch out for it! There's a gif and a song in the sidebar, so listen to the song while you read! Tysm for reading, I love you :-) Oh, and if you want a dedication, just comment and I'll do it for ya!

Blaire's POV- 

When I got home I decided it was time to tell my mom about me and Dylan, but first I needed to rinse off the evidence that I'd skipped school. I walked into my bathroom, stripping down and walking into the scalding water. I turned the water where I wanted it and washed away the salt water smell off my skin. I haven't ever had that much fun skipping school, and I've had quite a few escapades just because. Driving around with Dylan with the windows down and music up has always been one of my favorite things to do, but now that  we're actually together, things feel so much different, a way better, more interesting different.

When I got out of the shower I went downstairs and sat on the kitchen counter and looked around. After a while of looking out the window above the sink, I heard the front door open. "Mom?" I asked, knowing it was either her or Dylan since they were the only other people with house keys. "Yeah, it's me." Okay, when you get settled in I have to tell you something." I said as she walked up the stairs. I don't know why, but I felt oddly nervous telling her, even though I knew she was gonna be pretty please about it.

When I heard the TV come on, I knew she was ready to talk since that's been our signal forever. i walked into the living room and sat next to her on the couch, so she muted the TV and looked over at me. "So, what's your big confession?" She asked, smiling. "Well, I talked to Dylan about the whole situation, and now we're kind of together." I spilled, and her eyes lit up. "See, I told you this would be the outcome! This is why you always listen me about things like this, because most of the time I'm right." Most of the time." I quipped, and we shared a laugh. We talked about it for a while, me leaving out how we'd just skipped school to go on a crazy adventure. Last time she caught me skipping school to adventure, she took my keys.

After I'd gone to my room and started on my homework, my phone vibrated. I grabbed it an saw a text from Karli. Oh crap, I forgot to tell her I wouldn't be at school today.

Where were you today? I've got your makeup work, but a lot of people are talking..

I was out adventuring, and oh well, fuck what all those people say, I've got what they want and they're just jealous

Wait, what?! Does this mean you and Dylan are a thing or..?

Maybe, maybe not.. ;-)

Seconds later, my phone was ringing. "You and Dylan are together now?" She squealed. "You could say that." "So that's why you skipped today, so you could go out on an adventure with him. Wow B, you're just wow." I laughed, thinking out how this conversation would go if she were here right now. "By the way, thanks for picking up my makeup work." "It's my job. So, how'd you two end up together?" She asked, so I told her about the "study session" and how we talked about it and everything just kind of fell into place. "Yeah, I mean, it just kind of happened." I finished off, and I could just imagine the look on her face. "That's actually amazing. I've gotta go though, so I'll see you tomorrow." "Later Kar." 

I tried to go back to doing my homework, but I couldn't focus because all I could think about was how everyone has reacted so far. What really got me was that lady at the coffee shop, her comment has been running through my mind all day, and it makes me so happy that even a random stranger sees chemistry between us. It's not the same as people at school saying that we'd be cute together, it's just the fact that it's someone who has absolutely no idea who we are would say something like that. 

Just thinking about all of this puts me into a daydream, and I doze off thinking about that woman's comment, "Hold onto each other, what you guys have is special, I can tell."