Chapter 5

Dylan's POV-

I was sitting at my desk, tapping my pencil to the song on the TV, when I heard the door open. "I'm up here!" I yelled, knowing it was Blaire making her way up the stairs. She walked in and looked from me to the TV, "And here you are, watching TV instead of getting a start on your homework, you're actually hopeless." She teased, messing up my hair. "Well I've been sitting here waiting for you, where the hell have you been?" I asked as she dumped her backpack onto my floor, bags of chips and cans of tea falling onto the ground. "No study session is complete without snacks, so I went to CVS and bought all this stuff." I nodded. Any excuse to eat was fine with me, so I moved all of my stuff to the ground and we got to work.

"This is impossible, identities are the work of satan!" I groaned, lowering my head in defeat. "Dylan, it's not that hard, just move the cosine to the right, divide by the tangent, then multiply the sine and you're done." she said, leaning over my paper and erasing my mistakes. I did what she told me and the answer came out a lot clearer. "Blaire, please give me your math skills I need them to pass this test on Friday." I said, and she smiled, rolling her eyes. I really wanted to kiss her, but I couldn't, not yet at least. I sat up on the floor and she gave me a weird look. "Um, can we talk about something non pre-calc related? I need to tell you something.." 

Her eyes went wide for a second, but she regained her composure within a few seconds. "Yeah, what's up?" She asked, pulling on her fingers, a nervous habit she'd picked up a few years ago. "I don't really know how to go about this without being really awkward, but I'll try to make this easy." I scratched the back of my neck, trying to calm the feeling in my stomach.

"So, uh- I know I shouldn't believe this since the talk stemmed from Amber saying things about you, but  I heard-" "Dylan, whatever it was that you were told-" "B, just let me finish, I've already made this enough of a train wreck. But I've been hearing people say that you've got feelings for me, and I just wanna know if it's true."

She sat there for a second, her eyes glazed over like she was gonna cry. I knew I shouldn't have brought it up, but there's no going back now. She let out a deep breath. "Okay, okay yeah, it's true. I guess I never really know how to tell you, but yeah, it's been a while and I didn't tell you because I knew something like this would happen and I feel so awkward. God, I feel so awkward." She rambled, her voice strained. I noticed a tear falling from her face, so I wiped it away with my thumb. "Blaire, calm down, it's okay. I wanted to tell you that whatever it is you're feeling, I feel the same. I didn't want to tell you for the same reasons, but I was honestly scared I'd lose you as a friend if I told you. So yeah, basically what I'm trying to say is that the feeling is mutual."

Blaire's POV-

"R-Really?" I finally looked up at him, and he nodded. "Yeah, I wouldn't lie about something like that. Like I said, I was afraid you'd never talk to me again. So I guess now's the time to ask. B-Dog, will you be my girlfriend?" I felt the butterflies erupt in my stomach, and I felt like my face was going to crack in half from the smile on my face. "It'd be an honor." I said, giving him a hug.

"How do you think our parents are gonna take this?" He asked, and I smiled. " My mom already knew that I was into you, so she's probably seen it coming for a while, and as for your parents I feel like they'll be pretty pleased." I laughed, and he raised an eyebrow at me. "You told your mom before you told anyone?" "Yeah, obviously. She's like the greatest secret keeper ever, and you know she's an awesome parent so she woudln't have said anything anyways." "So how long have you been hiding this from me then?" He asked, and I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks. "Since like sixth grade.." 

"It's been about the same for me, I mean I kind of tried to ignore it because I didn't want to ruin our friendship, but I guess I was completely wrong about that." He said, and I laughed, "Yeah, I guess things worked out in the long run then. It's weird how everyone always thought we were dating, and now we are, so we kind of proved everyone right in a way of speaking." He nodded, "Yeah, it's strange how people expected us to be together more than we did." 

We sat in silence for a couple minutes, then he took my hand. "We should take things slow, I mean even though there's been a lot of waiting on both sides, we should take things at a regular pace." I laughed so hard that I was doubled over laughing. "It's not funny, I'm serious!"  He yelled, and when I caught my breath, I looked at him, "Dylan, the only thing that's gonna change is that we can do couple like things now, other than that it's just like us now, except-" He interrupted with a peck to my lips. "Except we can do stuff like that without it being weird." Now it was his turn to laugh.

We spent a couple more hours doing homework and eating snacks. It's really relieving to know that Dylan has felt the same all along, because I felt so weird keeping my feelings from him, and now I don't have to do that since we're together. When I tell Karli, she's gonna have an aneurysm, and when I tell my mom she's probably gonna have a heart attack. I looked over at the clock and saw it was going on 9:00. "Alright, I've literally been here all day, I gotta go." I said, and he walked me downstairs. "Oh, so now you're gonna start walking me to the door?" I teased, and he gave me a hug. He sneaked in a little peck as stepped out the door. "And you say you wanna take it slow!" I yelled, smiling at him as he shook his head, trying not to break a smile back at me.

A/N Hey guys! Ooh, things are starting :o Alright, so as usual there's a picture/gif in the sidebar, nothing new there, lol. Comment your thoughts and anything you'd like me to add to the story, I'll even dedicate a chapter to you if you want, just comment and vote please! Thanks for reading, you're super rad :-)