Chapter 6 - Jealousy

Aria's POV

I got up early in the morning and took a shower. I put on my clothes. I left for the university.

When I arrived at the university, everybody was looking at me or talking to each other while looking at me. It was like they were talking about me. I was embarrassed. Everybody was talking about what happened yesterday. I'm going to kill you,Chase!

I went to the cafeteria; I saw that Chloe was sitting at one of the tables. When she saw me, she waved at me. She was smiling at me. I smiled back at her and sat.

 I smiled back at her and sat

"Good morning."

"Good morning," she said and smirked. Of course, she heard what happened yesterday.

"I heard someone chased you yesterday," she said emphasizing the word chased with a smirk.

"Chloe, I'm already angry. If I see your brother, I will strangle him with my bare hands," I sighed.

"Chase may be annoying and arrogant, but he's still my brother. I will not let you do it," she said while shaking her head. She was smiling amusingly. "Tell me what happened..." she began to say but didn't finish.

"He's crazy! He doesn't accept no for an answer. I told him I didn't want to talk to him and he threw me over his shoulder; I am embarrassed. Everybody either looked at me or talked about us," I said. I covered my face with my hands.

"Don't be embarrassed about it. People are always going to talk. There's a lot of girls that would like to be in your place," she said. "He is Chase Knight."

She was right; a single glance was enough for him to get a girl he wanted. In this regard, his charming playboy reputation was well- known all around the world. It wasn't possible to resist his gaze, including myself.

"What did he want to talk about anyway? And, why didn't you want to talk? I knew there was something between you two. Why didn't you tell me?"

I had to tell Chloe something; otherwise, she might get offended.

"Well, on my birthday, we spoke...he said that we couldn't be together. He doesn't want a serious relationship," I said. "A few days later, he came and told me he wanted to talk to me. I refused to talk to him. Then, you know what happened."

"What did he want to talk about?"

"He asked me to be his girlfriend, but he can't promise me about the future."

"What? Finally," Chloe said happily. "What did you say?"

"I said no."

"What? Are you crazy? Finally, he asked you to be his girlfriend. Why didn't you accept?" she asked in disbelief.

"Because he doesn't want me to be his girlfriend; he either feels guilty or wants to play with me," I said, hiding the truth from her.

"But are you sure about your decision?"

"...Yes, I guess," I sighed.

"I have an idea: you make him jealous," she said. "Do you know Jacob? We will ask him to help us. Tomorrow, you and Jacob will go to a cafe together. I will take Chase there. Then, let's see what happens."

He didn't think that I would wait for him, did he?

"Okay, but how do we convince Jacob?"

"Leave it to me. After all, I'm Chloe Knight." She looked at me with an arrogant smile; I smiled at her.

Chase's POV

Before dinner, I went to my room to rest. There still wasn't any news from Aria. But I had to convince her to agree with me, no matter what.

I was laying on the bed while messaging Jace when I heard someone knock on my door.

"Come in," I said. Chloe walked in smiling. She closed the door behind her. "What happened?" I asked her.

"I heard that Chase Knight kidnapped a girl yesterday," she laughed.

"Chloe!"

"Chase loves Aria. Chase loves Aria." She walked around the room, repeating it like a child.

"Shut up, Chloe! There's no such thing." She didn't listen to me and continued repeating it.

I got up from the bed and covered her mouth with my hand. I opened the door and kicked her out of my room.

"Goodbye," I said and waved at her, smirking. I closed the door.

"Jerk!" she yelled at the door; I smiled.

I took my phone and sent a message to Aria.

'So,we're famous at the university? Why didn't you tell me? '

A few seconds later, she sent me a message.

'Thanks to you. '

I smiled.

'Did you miss me? '

'So much! I miss you so much that I want to strangle you. '

I smiled again.

' But I have better ideas....'

I'm sure she's going to be angry at me.

'Only in your dreams. '

'Don't be so sure, beautiful! '

After sending that last message, I went to sleep.

I was working at the holding when there was a knock on the door; Chloe came in.

"I want you to apologize for kicking me out of your room yesterday. So, you will invite me to lunch."

I smiled and said, "Okay, little lady."

"Super! Near the company, they opened a new cafe. Let's go there."

I grabbed my phone; we left afterward.

The moment we walked into the cafe, I saw Aria. She was talking with some prick. He said something to Aria, and she laughed. I got angry.

Who was he? What was he doing next to Aria? Why was she laughing at his joke? Aria is mine, only mine