14- Break out of your shell!

Start from the beginning

Your partner in crime,
C

I didn't have to use too much time figuring out who just dropped by.

Such a safe neighborhood we had.

I let out a light laugh at Cryonics's message and flipped my phone over only to be presented with 37 missed calls from Kat, Isaac, and Les.

30 of them and some more texts being from Les.

He sent something like;
Loser: Kat told me you are visiting your parents? why aren't you at the police station?
Loser: Where are you? ANSWER MY CALL!!!
Loser: DARN IT IM CALLING THE POLICE.
Loser: THIS ISN'T FUNNY! I SWEAR IF THIS IS YOUR PRANK DEVLIN, I WILL KIDNAP YOUR CAT!!

I made a mental note to reprimand Cryonics later when I saw the last texts about an hour ago.

Loser: A GUY just answered my call. With YOUR phone.
Loser: Didn't sound like a cop
Loser: You have a GUY over at 10 PM?
Loser: I'm mildly concerned

(As if he never had any girls over at his place.)

The last time I had gotten bombarded with calls and texts from Les was when he was left home alone and didn't know how to cook dinner.

I went over but I didn't help much.

We just ended up trying to drown each other's cold pizza with ketchup and got sent to bed early because that game turned into a violent and bloody ketchup war.

I called him back and after a few rings, he spoke from another end. "Hello? Identify yourself." Les's voice said.

That's one weird way of greeting.

"It's Jamie. I just--"

He chuckled lightly and continued on without listening. "Just kidding. I'm not really here. Leave a message, Kay? Bye."

It was just an automatic respond. I rolled my eyes at his childishness. How could someone manage to be so annoying even though he wasn't even presence?

I waited until the beeping sound stopped and spoke.

"This is Jamie. I heard you were the one who called to police. Didn't know you were this observant. You're a lifesaver. Literally. To answer your text, I'm fine now and I'd love to see you try kidnapping Mochi, Logan."

I momentarily paused, feeling like I had just blabbered all those out in French. I hadn't talked to Les like a civil person for a few years. It felt strange not having to fire my loaded ammunition of hurtful comebacks every 3 seconds.

I didn't expect things to change just because we were watching the videos from those days we were still close but when I was about to hang up, I quickly added.

"Thank you for today and yesterday, Les. I'll see you at school."
- - - -

There's 2 types of people in this world. Those who look into the mirror before leaving their house and those who don't. I, unfortunately, fall into the second category. Most of the time, I don't even know what I look like throughout the day until I have to go to the toilet. You cannot blame me though because Aunt Casey just ordered Titan to supply my cupboard with ridiculously large amount of various cereals. Froot Loops. Cheerios. Lucky Charm. Reese's Puffs.