Chpater Eighteen

Michael's POV...
1 week later...
The doctor held the popsicle stick to Nyhelie's tongue.
"Say Ahhh."
"Ahh."
As she did that, she looked at me and crossed her eyes. I smiled at her and chuckled. He put the stethoscope on her chest and then her back.
"Breath in and breath out."
I watched as Nyhelie was getting her heart checked. We were having another follow up at the hospital. After our little discussion, she stayed in bed the rest of the week. And boy, did she hate every minute of it! But in the end it worked out...
"Alright Mrs. Jackson! You seem all clear! We will schedule another appointment in 3 months! You too have a great evening."
Nyhelie grabbed her purse and I grabbed her hand. We were going to Hayvenhurst, because Mother and Janet wanted to know how the appointment went. On our way there, Nyhelie and I fell asleep, so we were awaken by Bill. Nyhelie and I walked hand and hand up the steps. I got a good look at her. She had drastically changed! Turns out, the reason why her hair was blond was because of genetic features. Her hair turned back to its original color. Her hair was still to her lower back, but she had it braided. She was naturally glowing. Even though pretty eyes were glowing like I liked them.

 Even though pretty eyes were glowing like I liked them

What she looks like... her long braid is hiding in front of her.

She rang the door bell, and then she caught me staring.
"What is it, Mickey?"
"You're just so beautiful."
She smile that beautiful smile she always has. Then Janet opened the door.
"Nellie! Michael!"
She hugged Michael, then me.
"Hi Janet Aney!"
"Come on in! Mother's waiting for you guys!"
We followed Janet in the house to the kitchen. Mother was sitting there waiting, reading her paper.
"Hey Michael, Nyhelie! Come sit! Tell me about the appointment.."
Michael walked ahead of me. As I was about to walk to my chair, it felt like my heart stopped. I clutched my chest, then played it cool, and went to my chair.
"Baby, you okay? You look pale!"
"I think so... Anyway, the appointment went well, and I have another appointment in 3 months."
"Great, I'm so glad! Nyhelie, listen I'm so sorry for what Randy-"
"No no! It's um fine! Can I use the restroom?"
"Go ahead."
I watched Nyhelie rush upstairs. Mother turned to me.
"Michael, you need to help her! Has she talked about what happened?"
"No! Every time I try to bring it up, she tries to change the subject, or leaves the room! I don't wanna lose her ever again mother. I just want her to be happy and safe from all this bullcrap!"
A tear ran down my face.
"Aww, Apple don't cry!"
Janet hugged my head, and I wrapped my arm around her. Mother took my other hand.
"Michael, you must be patient with her. This is something that's gonna take a while for her to get over, like her father. Go find her, and just hold her."
"Thank you, Mother."
I got up, and went upstairs. I looked in the bathroom, and she wasn't there. I checked her room, she wasn't there. I went up to our favorite spot, when we were teens, on the roof. There she was, sitting there, face towards the sky with her eyes closed with tears down her face. She looked like a model, her hair blowing in the wind. I came over and sat next to her. There was a silence. A very calming, but sad silence. All of a sudden I was startled by two heart wrenching sobs from Nyhelie's mouth.
"He- He just... Made me f-feel so disgusting! The way he t-touched me, and beat me with the belt! F-Feeling flesh being r-ripped off my back, h-has never felt good! Oh Michael! I-I'm so ashamed!"
I instantly grabbed, her and she grabbed me, as she laid her head on my chest, and cried for hours up there on the roof. Me, I just sat there with this anger, and sadness, for Nyhelie. She has been through so much in her life, most of it being about me, it made me wonder if I was the cause of her life problems...
~
The rest of the afternoon was quiet. Nellie and I decided to stay at Mothers for the night, and boy was Janet very happy! Evening came, and Nyhelie had cried herself to sleep, so I took her to my room, and laid her gently on bed. I kissed her forehead and went downstairs.