Chapter Eight

2 weeks later...
It was 7:30pm. I sat in my bed, leaning against the headboard, munching on a fruit salad, in my Star Wars baseball tee pajama shirt, and my black night tights, about to watch Peter Pan. It was one of my favorite movies. It reminded my of never wanting to growing up. Just as I was about to click the remote, the phone rang. Really? Great timing! I reached the phone next my nightstand.
"Nyhelie Porter Speaking."
"Nyhelie?"
"This is she."
"Hi, it's Michael."
This was the first time he called. I was so happy!
"Hi Michael! How are you?!"
He chuckled.
"I'm good! I like how voice went from dismal, to excited. How are you?"
I blushed at his comment.
"I'm bored, just about to watch my favorite movie Peter Pan!"
"Wait what?! That's your favorite too?!"
"Duh! I love it!"
"I do too! I could watch it again and again. Can I come watch it with you? Please?"
"Of course. My address, 1576, April Lane, Calabasas, California."
"Okay, got it. See you soon."
He hung up. I gotta gather snacks! I was a neat freak, so my house was clean, I made popcorn, and dumped my fruit in a bowl, and made a bigger bowl. And I got some ice cream. Dancers have to watch their figure. I've always been thin and petite, with a big backside. I hated my figure. Women made fun of me all the time for it. I wish I could lose more weight. I looked down at my already thin waist. Whatever. I was snapped out of my thoughts when the doorbell rang. I slid on my bedroom shoes, and went to the door and grabbed it. There was Michael, in his yellow long sleeved shirt, and jeans. He had a big smile on his face.
"Hi."
"Hi. Come in."
I invited him in, as he stepped inside. He unexpectedly pulled me in for a lice long warm hug. When he let go of me, he took a good long look at me. I was nervous under his stare for some reason, and I blushed hard. He began to chuckle.
"What?"
"You're beautiful."
I smiled wide, and blushed harder.
"Thank you."
"You're welcome."
"Come on! Aren't we supposed to be watching a movie?"
He snapped out of what ever thoughts he had.
"Oh! Right! Lead the way."
I led him to my room. We both climbed on the bed and sat against the headboard. I pressed play. As we watched the movie, Michael ate the popcorn and ice cream, and pecked at the fruit. I was really hungry, but I had to watch my weight. The doctor said I'm underweight because I'm only 98 pounds. Hey, but I could lose more. Right? I was beginning to crack under pressure. Michael began to notice.
"Hey, you okay?"
"Y-Yeah. I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."
I got off the bed and rushed to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. I splashed my face with cold water. I lifted my shirt. Maybe I was taking this too far. I could see my ribs poking through my skin. I took a deep breath. My ribs expanded, and shrunk back into place. Okay. I need to eat. There was a knock at the door.
"Nyhelie, you okay?"
"I'm okay. I was just about to come out."
I unlocked the door, and saw a worried Michael standing there. I slowly walked past him. Before I could fully get, past him, he softly grabbed my arm, and looked into my eyes.
"I know you're not okay. Please talk to me I want my best friend back."
Tears brimmed in my eyes, and his eyes too. I just grabbed him and threw my arms around him, and I began to cry like a baby. I wasn't okay. I was starving myself. I was lonely. I wasn't okay at all. The biggest pain was keeping my love for Michael a secret, when I wanna tell the whole world how I felt, not just Janet. I'm locked inside a dark room, and I can't get out.
"Oh, Michael, I'm trapped inside a dark room and I can't get out. The walls are caving in, and soon I will too."
He looked at me and sat down on the bed with me.
"Nyhelie what's going on?"
"I've been starving myself Michael. There's been so much stress. I can't take it anymore, I need to eat. I look healthy, but I'm not. I'm only 98 pounds, Michael. I need help. The worse part is, I'm so lonely! Do you know what it's like to live in this large ass house, with no one to share it with? I'm going mental, Michael! Mental!"
I began to sob harder. Michael laid my head in his chest and hugged me tight. I began to hyperventilate.
"Nyhelie, breath please!"
I couldn't breath.
"Nyhelie look at me. Breath."
He breathed in and I followed, and breathed out. He kissed my forehead, and returned my head to his chest. We continued to watch Peter Pan, while he feed my ice cream, until I fell asleep peacefully.
"Nyhelie, wake up sweetheart."
I slowly opened my eyes. I looked up at Michael.
"Good morning, Tinker Bell."
I bust out laughing.
"You haven't called me that in years."
"I know."
We sat in silence for a while. Then he sighed.
"I want you to live with us again. I think Mother and Janet and I  can help you."
I looked at him.
"Are you sure?"
"Mhm."
I sighed.
"Okay."
I smiled.
"Okay, get up and pack a bag, and I'll take you."
Michael and I both got up and I packed my duffle bags. I got dressed in a yellow tank top, with blue beans, and a jean jacket, and my black converse. Michael put my bags in his car, and opened the passenger door for me to get in. We drove for a good 45 minutes til we made it to Encino. Michael stopped in the front.
"You go in, I'm gonna put my car in the garage."
"Okay."
I walked in the house and closed the door. I heard someone running downstairs.
"Michael! Is that you? Look you need to tell the whore Tatum, to stop coming in our-"
Janet's face lit up when she saw me.
"Nyhelie! What are you doing here?!"
She threw her arms around me.
"Looks like we're roommates again."
She smiled wider and jumped up and down squealing. I laughed.
"Oh my gosh! Best day ever! I'm gonna go clean my room!"
I followed her upstairs until I got to my old room.
"Wait Nyhelie No!"
I opened it. I was the same except one thing. Tatum was in my bed. Naked. She jumped up and screamed.
"What the Hell?!"