Chapter 18

"Okay". I whispered with a sadness in my voice. "When will you be back?
   "Im sorry Carmen, but this will be the last time that you see me". Allastor stated.
    "No I don't understand! You can't just leave me Allastor. Our deal I-"
    "I'm releasing you from it. Your father needs you and you want your freedom more then anything. I'm sorry Carmen". Without another word Allastor twisted the ring on his finger and in a single moment he was gone.
    "No Allastor-"
My knees instantly became weak and I fell back down to the ground. I pulled my knees closer me and let the tears ran down my cheek.
How could he just leave me here? After everything he had done for me and after he had agreed to come here with me he just decided to leave me now? Why would he do something like that to me? Didn't he care about it at all? As I tired to wipe the tears from my eyes they just kept on coming and I knew that they wouldn't stop anytime soon. When Allastor had vanished something in my chest had felt empty as if it had hallowed out by a shovel. My heart ached for his comfort, but there was nothing I could do. Allastor had decided that he didn't want to be around me anymore and he had left and without saying goodbye. I closed my eyes and laid my head down on my knees and stayed like that as the sun began to melt away to reveal the darkness of the bitter night.
~

Allastor was right when he said that I wouldn't never see him again and I had so desperately hoped that he would have changed his mind, but several days had passed without so much as a single word from him.
   As the days went by I helped my father the best I could, but my mind was always fixed on something else. That something else being Allastor and his castle.
Before I had left there was so much that i didn't know about the curse put on the castle and so much that I didn't learned about the master of it. And now I was never going to able to figure it out. I was never going to see Dimitri or Mrs. Evenson again or help them release the curse. I let out a sigh as I glanced over at my sketch pad. And I was never going to see Allastor again. I shook my head as a few tears dropped from my eyes and landed in the table in front of me.
   "Carmen". My dad called down the stairs after me. I wiped the tears from my face then went over to the stairs at the bottom of the almost empty shop.
    "Yeah". I called back up at him.
    "Can you come up here for a minute? There's something I need to show you". He asked me. I let out a sigh and slowly ascended up the stairs to our somewhat decent sized apartment. Walking over to my father in our living room I noticed him holding up a light blue gown. Almost looked like something you'd wear to a...ball.
   "No!" I stated. "I know what your trying to do dad and it's not going to work. I already told you that I'm not going to to that ball". I reminded him as I crossed my arms over my chest.
    "Carmen, your mother never wanted you to stay shut up in this house all your life. She wanted you to have your own adventures and to do things that you've never done before". My father exclaimed to me. I let out a sigh.
    "Dad I-"
He pushed the dress at me. "If you won't do it for me then at least do it for your mother". He stated. I shook my head at him. He always knew how to make me feel guilty. I took the dress from him.
    "Fine I'll go for mom, but I will "not" dance or even speak to Justin". I explained to him. He nodded as we shook on it. Our deal was set and I knew that as I got ready I had regretted it already.