Chapter 5

"Do not cry my dear". A male voice said. I pushed myself up from my new bed and looked around the room for who the voice belonged to.
"Down here". That same voice said again. Doing exactly what he had asked of me I looked over my bed to find a golden detailed candle stick at the foot of my bed. It bowed to me and smiled.
"Your alive?!" I was about ready to scream when the candle stick jumped up into my bed and started to hush me.
"Please do not afraid miss. I won't hurt you". He said. I brought my knees closer to me as the candle stick hopped towards me.
"How-I..."
"That is a story for another time my dear. You should get some rest". He stated. I sighed. It had been a long day so maybe the candle stick was right. Wow I can't believe Im actually talk to a candle.
"Before you go can I ask you something?" He turned back towards me.
"But of course".
"Does the beas- master of this castle have a name. It wouldn't feel right to umm call him beast after he spared both me and my father's life".
"The master would prefer if I didn't tell you that however you are his guest after all. It only seems fair. His name is Alastair". He stated. I smiled.
"Thank you". I thanked him. He bowed once again and went back over to the table on the far side of my new room. I laid my head down on the pillow and let the mysterious of the day take me away.
~
Waking up the next morning I realized that what I had dreamed the night before was no dream at all. I had taken my fathers place to live in this enchanted castle and the master of this castle was in fact a beast. I sighed and noticed a fresh pair of clothes laid out for me on the dresser near the window. I got up out of my bed and walked over to the outfit sitting out for me. Smiling at black jeans and white shirt I got out of my clothes from the day before and put on these new ones. As I finished putting my hair back up into a messy bun I heard a knock on my door.
"May I come in dearie?" A female voice asked me. I looked over at the candle stick. He nodded his small golden head and I let out sigh.
"You may". I answered just as a tray cart rolled into my room with an antique teapot on top. The teapot smiled up at me and poured me a cup of tea.
"There's more of you?" I asked the candle stick as he hoped down from his table.
"Just us two my dear. I'm Mrs. Evenson and I see that you have already met Dimitri". The teapot explained to me.
"Well I'm glad to meet you both. I'm-"
"Carmen". Dimitri finished my sentence. I raised an eyebrow down at him.
"How did you-"
"We overheard you last night my dear. I'm so sorry about all this. What you did for your father....it was very brave". Mrs. Evenson applauded me. I sat back down on the bed and glanced over at my sketch pad.
"I just couldn't let him kill my father. He didn't mean to hurt anyone and this....creature just treated him like he was nothing. How can someone be so cruel?!"
"The master is not as bad as you think". Dimitri stated as he crawled up the bed. I glanced over at him.
"I'll believe that when I see it". I said.
"You will. I know you will. Now dearie we must get you something to eat. Come with us my dear". Mrs. Evenson said. Slightly smiling I followed Mrs. Evenson and Dimitri out of my room and down stairs to the kitchen. As I stepped inside I felt like I had been transformed to an IKEA store. The kitchen had a modern feel to it, but it still felt ancient in its own ways.
"Oh my. How kind of the master". Mrs. Evenson exclaimed as we neared the large dinning table. At the very end of it sat a meal that looked as if it was just prepared.
"He did this?" I asked her. She tipped slightly toward to knowledge to me that she was nodding.
"The master is quite an excellent cook. All his dishes are quite delicious". Dimitri added. I let out a small laugh and took a seat at the end of the table.
"Has he already eaten or-"
"The master usually dines alone I'm afraid. We don't see very much of him now days". Dimitri told me. I sighed and picked up the fork. Then I stabbed it into the chicken and pulled some off.
"This is delicious". I exclaimed as I swallowed. Dimitri smiled.
"I told you so. Say would you like a tour of the castle?" Dimitri asked me. I swallowed another piece of chicken and nodded my head. If I was going to live here for the rest of my life it only seemed natural to see the rest of the castle.