Chapter 7

That night I found myself having another nightmare. I was laying in a field of roses when a pack of wolves came out of nowhere after me. They looked so hungry and some of them licked their teeth as they continued to stare at me. I began to run faster and faster away from the beautiful field and from them but in doing so another pack of them jumped out in front of me and they began to tear apart my body limb from limb.
"No no NOOO". I began to scream out loud. They would not stop.
"STOPP". I shot up in my bed and flipped my hair out of my face as the door to my room slammed open. Allastor stormed in and ran to my bedside.
"Carmen are you alright?" He asked me in his low voice. I shook my head and brought my knees up against my chest. Allastor sighed and sat down on my bed with me.
"It was just another nightmare". I said as a few tears ran down my face. I wiped them from my face.
"I'm sorry if I woke you up". I apologized to him. He sighed and glanced at my sketch pad on the table beside me.
"You did not wake me. I couldn't sleep. For I was too busy in thought". He replied to me. I glanced down at my feet and smiled.
"What were you thinking about?" I asked him. He seemed like a shy and lonely creature and I wasn't sure if he would answer my question, but I was his guest after all. He should have at least talked to me about how he was feeling or thinking.
"I-". He shook his lion head. "It was nothing. I shall leave you to get some rest". He sat up from my bed and began to leave. I didn't know why I did it, but I got out of my bed and ran over to him.
"Stay". I blurted out. Allastor turned his face towards mine. I stepped back a bit. "I-my father used to stay by my side when I had nightmares as a child. When he did I never had one again that night". I explained to him.
"I am not your father Carmen". He stated firm. I shook my head.
"I know that, but maybe if you stay by me then I won't have anymore nightmares tonight". I suggested to him. He turned his gaze away from me as I inched closer.
"Staying by your side tonight Carmen would only bring you more nightmares. I am not a creature of comfort". He shot back at me. I shook my head at him again and pulled him closer to my bed.
"It doesn't hurt to just try to see what happens. You'll never known if you don't at least try". I explained to him in a soft gentle voice. As I pulled him closer to my bed he didn't hesitate this time. I curled back into my bed as he sat down on the far right corner.
"I will stay if that is what you wish, but know this if this does not work then I will make you a promise that you will never see me again". He stated firm. I slowly nodded my head then laid it down on the soft pillows below me. As I closed my eyes and let the night over take me I heard a faint whisper of my name and I knew that Allastor would watch over and protect me from my nightmares.

This part is just so cute. Carmen is starting to warm up to Allastor and I can't wait for you guys to see where this is going.