Chapter 13

As our night of dancing together came to a close Allastor brought me out to his small rose garden on the second balcony that overlooked the beautiful forest of winter trees. I started to rub my arms as we got further from the castle. Allastor noticed this and took off his jacket suit. The he wrapped it around me.
   "Better?" He smiled.
    "Much better". I thanked him. "I guess I should worn something warmer".
   "Either way Carmen you looked truly beautiful tonight. I'm grateful that you had agreed to join me tonight". He stated. I smiled and leaned in closer to him. I laid my head on his beast like shoulder and felt as ease.
   "To be honest with you I couldn't bring myself to say no". I looked up into his eyes.
   "Allastor you've treated me like no one else has. Not even my own father. You didn't have to, but you did and that is something I will never forget". I stated. He bowed his head at me and without even thinking about it I brought my lips up to his cheek and kissed it. He just stood there motionless for a moments before he got up. He kept his face from mine and I smiled.
    "It's getting late. You should get some rest. May I walk you to your room?" He asked. I grabbed his arm and nodded my head.
    "Of course".
~
    "Thank you for tonight. It was wonderful". I stated as we approached my room. Allastor bowed and opened the door for me.
    "I should be the one thanking you". He said. I rolled my eyes at him.
    "I think we've thanked each other enough times to last a lifetime". I laughed. Allastor laughed as well. As he turned to leave I reached out and grabbed ahold of his white shirt.
   "Wait". I said. "This is yours". I got his jacket off of my back and handed it to him. Allastor shook his head and pushed it back towards me.
   "You may keep it. Maybe having something of mine can ease you as you sleep".
   "Thank you Allastor". I said as he finally turned to leave this time. Shutting the door behind me I leaned up what he door and sank down to the ground. Then I pulled the jacket close to me. Tonight had been just wonderful and I had wished that it didn't have to end.
    "I can see that someone enjoyed their night". Dimitri said as he came near me. I smiled down at him and pulled the rose from my hair.
    "How was it?" He asked.
    "It was perfect". I replied.
    "See we told you that the master has a kind side". He reminded me as I walked over to my dresser. I placed the rose back in the case and slipped into something more comfortable
   "You did and I wish I would have listened because after tonight I-"
    "You what?" Dimitri questioned me with curiosity. I smiled and glanced out at the stars in the sky. Was it really true? Was I really falling for Allastor? Or had I already fallen for him?
   "I-its nothing. Never mind Dimitri. I'll see you tomorrow goodnight". I said as I laid my head down on the pillow and drifted off into a deep slumber.

It's not as long as the previous chapter, but I find this just as cute as the last! And trust me there's quite a bit more to come!