Chapter 14

"Your not holding still!" I stated firm as Allastor glanced out the window at the fresh batch of snow that had fallen last night. Two days had passed since that night we danced in the ballroom and since then Allastor and I had been spending most of our time together. I really enjoyed his company and he understood me like no one else did and for that I was happy to have him near by.
   "This is the first time that someone has wanted to draw me like this". He said. I smiled and added another mark to the paper.
    "You should be flattered then". I said as I finished the last line. "And done. Would you like to see it?" Allastor nodded his head. I handed him my sketch pad. As he looked it over he turned his gaze back to me.
   "Carmen you do me too much justice. This sketch...I look-".
    "Were you going to say charming? Because that's what I think and it's just a sketch. The real thing is much better". I stated with a grin across my face. Allastor stood up from his seat and handed me back my sketch.
    "Charming? You think I'm charming?" He questioned me. I blushed a deep shade of pink and brought my sketch pad up against my chest.
    "I...I do. Allastor I-"
    "Carmen!" Dimitri cried out as he entered painting room. I kneeled down beside him as did Allastor. Dimitri handed me a letter.
   "What is this?" I asked him. Dimitri sighed and pointed at the seal.
    "It's from your father!" He stated. Without hesitation I ripped the seal off of it and pulled out the letter. As I read through it I gasped.
   "Carmen what is it?" Allastor asked me as tears began to drip down my cheeks. I couldn't believe what I was reading. My father had lost the shop and now he was poor. We were poor. Broken and defeated.
   "My father...he... if we can't pay the rent by the end of the week we will lose our shop. We don't have the money to pay it". I stated. "Were broke. We have nothing". Allastor smiled and put his paw on my shoulder.
    "That is not true". He replied. I looked up from the letter and met his yellow eyes.
   "What?"
   "Carmen you and your father can live here. With me". Allastor stated.
    "Allastor I don't know what to say.."
    "The castle has plenty of rooms and space for both you and your father. I'm sure you both could be happy here". He stated as I slowly sat up. I pulled the letter close to me and smiled up at Allastor.
   "But he doesn't remember where we are. The last time we came here we got lost. What if he gets lost again or hurt I-"
    "He won't Carmen".
    "How can you be so sure? I couldn't bare it if anything happened to him".
    "I can promise you Carmen that nothing will happen to your father". Allastor promised me. I sighed.
    "How?"
     "Because I'm letting you go to bring him here". Allastor answered me as he handed me a map.