Chapter 4 - I'M A WHAT?!

Your P.O.V.

you wake up in the morning feeling more rested than you have in your life. For a second you were confused, but then a bittersweet cocktail of emotion hit you like a truck. Joy, because you were finally safe from your father. Deep sadness, because of your sister, the person who loved and protected you no matter what, was dead. Skepticism, because could it really all be over? Just like that? You sigh and walk to the bathroom to get ready for the day. the gash in your head is feeling better than yesterday but it still hurt quite a bit. You started to gingerly brush your hair, being careful not to reopen the wound. you could hear 5 voic- wait six voices? that Arthur guy can't be here already, can he? it's 8:00 am, way too early to meet people and it hasn't been a week, it's only been a day. You sigh and start brushing your teeth. What if they're planning for this guy to adopt me? I'm not ready for that. What if they were secretly working for my dad? What if he doesn't like me? Your mind filled with what- ifs and worst case scenarios, you change into thermal leggings and a black sweat shirt with long sleeves that was one size too big. Sighing, you walked downstairs to greet this new person. When you got to the living room, your current "caretakers" were on the couch talking to a man whom you assumed was Arthur. He had light blond hair, emerald green eyes, and the bushiest eyebrows you have ever seen. When he noticed you he got up and walked over to you and stuck out a hand to greet you "hello love~ I'm Arthur Kirkland." You shook his hand nervously. "I-I'm (Y/N) (YL/N)." "He's from England," Mathias added. "Really?" You asked with a spark of interest- you had always wanted to visit England, but your father wouldn't allow it. "Yes I am. I guess you could say I have a special bond with England." Mathias let out a little laugh, but you didn't get the joke. "That's so cool." "Ok, so what seems to be the problem?" "I ... fell off a cliff?" You suggested tentatively. He turned to the others. "I know what you mean Lukas, I sense it too." What were they talking about? "I think it's her." Arthur said to the nordics. "HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!," Mathias yelled. "it only takes one mistake to lose a child." Emil added, "but how did she end up with those people?" As confusion and frustration welled up inside you, you welled up inside with confusion and anger, until you yelled, "What's going on?!""Should we tell her?" Tino asked the others. They shrugged, unsure. "tell me what?" They all looked at Mathias. "why are you looking at me?" He asked. "You wanted to keep her so you tell her." Lukas said to him. "But it was Lukas's idea to confirm it!" "But you're the oldest," he said with no emotion. "Okay, fine." Mathias turned to you and took a deep breath. You could tell it was something important. "Ok (Y/N) based on your (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes and other sources such as your aura, we are led to believe that you're the country Greenland." You didn't say anything. you didn't know what to say. what would you say? "You're crazy!" You shouted, looking around frantically for some sign that this was a joke. "I know it's hard to believe but it's true," Tino said in a sympathetic voice. "No, it can't be true! Countries are landmasses, not people!" you run out of the house and into the woods. "(Y/N) GET BACK HERE!" Mathias yells after you but you just kept running. soon enough you could hear all of them running after you even that England guy. was it true? if you're a country that means you have been alive a long time right? how long was I living in pain? are they just crazy? What was going on? You just needed some time to think by yourself.

Looking around after you snapped out of your thoughts, you realized that this part of the woods was unfamiliar. "Where am I?" You wondered aloud. "It matters more who you're at," you heard a dark Italian voice, "say. w-who a-are you?" you asked, your words tripping over themselves as you stuttered. "I am known by many names, one being 2P!Italy, otherwise known as Luciano Vargas." he had dark reddish brown hair, purple eyes, a stray curl, and, most importantly, knives. "Keep still, sweetheart. If you don't, you will live to regret it." He tossed the knife up into the air and caught it again before pressing the very tip of it against your throat as you were focused on the knife, then sneered sadistically. " or rather, you will die to regret it." He pressed on the knife a little harder. A bead of crimson blood dropped down your neck. A shiver raced down your spine. You started hyperventilating, remembering the last time you'd been on the receiving end of a knife, and the fear instilled in you your entire life by your father started creeping down your throat. "w-w-what d-do y-you want?" he smirked. "well, you see Greenland, you're different. you're the only country with no 2P!. that makes you valuable to both 2 and 1 Ps. So I want you." Terrified, you growled as tears ran down your face. "I AM NOT A COUNTRY!". Suddenly, Mathias came out of nowhere and kicked him in the face with an ax in his hand. he pointed the ax at Luciano. For the first time since you'd seen the Dane, he looked truly angry. "Get out or I swear I will kill you. right here, right now." Luciano bolted knowing it was best to retreat now to come back stronger than ever later, but as he left, he said something that chilled you to the bone. "I will be back for her!" Mathias turned to you, any adrenaline left inside you drained away, causing you to drop to your knees in the snow. You barely even noticed the tears dripping down your face. he picked you up and hugged you. "I'M SORRY!" you sobbed. "it's ok," he said rubbing your head as you cried on his shoulder. "let's get back to the house."