A Thousand Years

(Sorry for just now updating. I've had alot going on and I hope you can forgive me. Enjoy.)

Later that night, Thor and Loki enjoyed dinner together in Thor's chambers. Roasted meat, a loaf of fresh bread, grapes, strawberries, and mead of course. With a full stomach, Loki crawls under the thick, red blanket laying atop Thor's plush mattress. His raven locks stand out against the bright white and gold of the large pillows, where it lies neatly. 

Thor's hair is an entirely different story. It nearly blends in with the gold, and instead of being neat, it is in a messy mass around his head. The older's eyes wandered the bare upper torso of his younger, blue orbs pausing at each scar and sliver of ruined flesh. Without a doubt, Loki was beaten and tortured more than what Thor first assumed; Loki had the scars to prove it. 

The younger's chest rose and fell steadily, his eyelids growing heavy as exhaustion sweeps over him. "You shouldn't love me, you know...I'm like a spell gone wrong..you never know when I'll be disastrous. I don't want to hurt you. Most of all, I don't deserve you. " Loki's usually rough voice is soft and quiet, showing the vulnerability of his current state. Thor eyed his brother, unsure of what to say. 

                                                                 Right from the start

                                                   I knew that I found a home for my

                                                                   Heart beats fast

                                                                Colours and promises

                                                                 How to be brave

                                                 How can I love when I'm afraid to fall

                                                      But watching you stand alone

                                           All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow...

                                                                          One.                                                                       

                                                                         Step. 

                                                                         Closer....

"Loki...if anything, I don't deserve you. You're special, and powerful, and intelligent, an-"

He's cut off by the pained words of the smaller man. 

"A monster. A cruel-hearted being. I've killed people. I've hurt those who took care of me as a mere child. I turned on you and mother. I've disappointed you both. I don't ever want to do that again..I'm afraid, Thor."

Thor's face contorts in a look of confusion. "Afraid of what? Hurting me? You won't, Loki. I know you won't."

'No, you oaf. Afraid of this. Of us. We could be punished more than imaginable if the All-father found out. Mother would be so ashamed of us. We would be the fools of Asgard. I already am. I'm afraid that this could affect you in ways I do not wish it to."

                                                            I have died everyday waiting for you

                                                         Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

                                                                       For a thousand years

                                                            I'll love you for a thousand more

                                                                       Time stands still

                                                                       Beauty in all he is

                                                                         I will be brave

                                                           I will not let anything take away

                                                            What's standing in front of me

                                                                          Every breath

                                                             Every hour has come to this

                                                                       One step closer 

"No...Loki...listen to me. I have waited for this ever since we were no more than boys. I have loved you all my life and I plan to continue for as long as I shall live. I won't lose you and nothing will ever change that." Thor's hand cups Loki's jaw, pulling him towards him in a firm yet gentle kiss full of love and protection. Their lips move in sync, as if melting against each other into one single, perfect rhythm. 

                                                      I have died everyday waiting for you

                                                   Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

                                                                  For a thousand years

                                                        I'll love you for a thousand more

                                                    And all along I believed I would find you

                                                        Time has brought your heart to me

                                                     I have loved you for a thousand years

                                                         I'll love you for a thousand more