Chapter II

"Hey, you awake?"
The man's eyes fluttered a little, but remained closed. What a strange dream....It felt so real, though.......Hmph. Whatever.
"Hey, um......sir?"
And that voice, too.....It's almost as if someone's really there.....
"Um.....Sir.......??" He felt a hand nudge his shoulder.
Crap.
He cautiously opened one eye. Sure enough, there was someone there, the same girl from the night before. He sighed.
So it wasn't a dream.
He closed his eye again. What is she still doing here? He sighed again and started to sit up. He didn't make it very far, though.
Smack!
"Ow!" The girl sat up, rubbing her forehead.
The man grumbled and touched his head gingerly. "What do you think you were doing?"
"I.... I'm sorry!" She answered quickly.
"Whatever," he mumbled. He sat up and looked around. The room was relatively small, and was very oddly decorated. Well, at least in his opinion. Everything is...so bright.....and cheery.....
Why?
He sighed. Humans had such strange taste....
Wait. Is this....her......room.....???
He looked up at her.
"Um....Where am I, exactly?"
"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't tell you yet!" From the look on her face, the man guessed she was mentally kicking herself for forgetting.
"So, where is this?"
"Oh, sorry. Well, you seemed really set on not going to the hospital, so....I kind of just brought you here...."
He sighed. "And where is here, exactly?"
"My house.....Well, this is kind of a guest room, but....." She shook her head. "I'm sorry!"
"You don't need to keep apologizing......." He sighed. Humans. Don't have enough self-confidence.....
"Oh! I got this for you!" The girl held a bag out to the man. "I did the best I could at bandaging your wounds. Your clothes were all bloody and torn, though, so I got these."
He took the bag and looked inside. Clothes. Not to his tastes, but they would be fine for now. He stood to go change, then realized something.
He turned to the girl sheepishly.
"Um.....Where can I change into these?"
"Oh! Down the hall, first door on the left."
"Thanks."