Chapter 4 - Blush, Baby! Blush!

Start from the beginning

I'm feeling less guilty for my sugar-filled snack, knowing how much I did at the gym before I went to collect those beauties at the café. Putting them on a little table on the side, I go to the end of the garden to collect some spinach leaves because I'm planning on making myself a sandwich with those, avocado and tomato slices and cheese too later today. I'm bent on my knees when I hear a man yelling about my dessert and frozen hot chocolate. He thinks it's for someone else because I really don't think he's calling me a fuckhead. Not to mention that I just realized he said Luke's name. I guess he hasn't seen me yet. Let's have some fun... Gathering all my courage and my inner dude, I get up and go for a very sexy Luke stance, moving closer to the guy, even though I can't see him properly with my big basket of veggies in hand. The leaves are hiding my face a little.

" Dude, relax. I just needed some sugar. " Well, my man voice sucks. 

The guy takes my basket from me and then freezes, his mouth wide open while his eyes are traveling from my head to my sports bra - probably more because of my breasts - to my shorts, all the way to my black flip flops. When he looks at my face again, I can see a hunger in his eyes. Can I say sexual tension here? Oh, yeah, I can. I feel it everywhere around us and in some places on my person I won't tell. That guy is... Hot. And scary but his scowl disappears and his expression softens, making me want to squirm from his intense scrutiny. Dark brown orbs, long dark lashes, and hair. Everything about this guy seems dark. Even his mood. Well not much at this moment, if you consider the deep rumble of laughter starting from his broad chest, leaving his full lips with this delicious manly-man voice that's making me squirm for an entirely other reason. He makes me think about...

" Sex... "

" What? "

Oh my God! I said it out loud! What do I do? 

" Six! I woke up at six this morning and went to the gym and didn't sleep much last night so by the time I finished on the treadmill, I was exhausted and needed a boost. Hence the mountain of sugar you saw. It wasn't Luke... " I add, miserably. He's going to laugh at me some more. I just know it. Dear God, that smell... Hmmm, musk... Man... Drool... 

A finger taps on my nose and I open my eyes wide.

" Huh? Wha? "

" You looked like you were daydreaming. You have more things in common with my brother than you think. What's your name? "

His brother? Him and Luke are siblings? They're total opposites! Both are hot, though. This family was generously blessed. 

" I'm Sang. "

" Ah. The Sang Sorenson I spoke to on the phone before you moved here. You're not the one who visited the apartment, though. I'm North Taylor. "

Oh, yes, I remember now. North Taylor. I love his name. It's unique like mine and it sounds so... Manly-m-

" Lost you again? "

" S-sorry. Yes, I'm Sang Sorenson. My friend Lacy came for the visit because I had a contract to sign at the same time and I didn't want to cancel the visit. That's why she took so many pictures. She was sending them to me so I could approve and then sign everything by fax to a man named... Uh... Axel. Nice to meet you, North. " I smile brightly at him, trying to stop the North-haze I was in. It's like we switched our face expressions because now, he's the one looking all puddly-gooey, whatever this feeling is called. His eyes are glazed over and he's standing a little closer to me. So close, I can feel his hands shaking near mine in front of me.

" Sex... " I hear him murmuring.

" What? "

" I mean sets! There are fifteen sets of keys to come in here. I guess Jefferson gave you one and made you sign the list and everything. "