Chapter 2

Veronica's POV

"Cabin B," I muttered to myself as I read the wooden template that was nailed to the small wooden building.

Looks cozy.

I clapped my hands and rubbed them together before grabbing a hold of my suitcase and lifting it up the stairs. Once I made it to the top, I opened the screen door and stepped inside the cabin.

There were only a few girls lounging around and unpacking, none of them talking to one another.

I sighed internally and walked forward, choosing the bunk bed in the corner.

Well, this is a bit awkward.

I threw my belongings on the bottom bunk and sat next to them, rummaging through my backpack until I spotted my phone. I shot my mom a quick text telling her I landed and that I've checked in with the Main Cabin, everything she's told me to do.

"Erm, hello?" My head shot up at a British accent to see a young girl that looked about the age of fourteen.

"Hi," I greeted, getting up and off my mattress to stand next to her. I scratched my arm, not knowing what to do with it, and smiled, "I'm Veronica."

"I'm Carla!" She blushed slightly, shrinking away. "Can we pick whichever bunk we want?" She asked politely.

"Yeah, that's what the lady at the front said to me," I informed her before sitting back onto my mattress. Carla stood there for second before I spoke up, "Do you just want to bunk with me? I don't want to paired up with a total snot." I laughed and shrugged my shoulders, not caring.

"I was just about to ask if I could. I wanted a top bunk anyways!" I watched her grab her large duffel bag, and throw it up onto her mattress. "I don't move a lot during my sleep so hopefully I don't make too much noise," I waved her off, letting her disappear to her bed, and opened my suitcase.

I should just get my unpacking over with.

I pulled the drawers out that were attached to the bottom of my bed, to their full potential.

Small, but it'll do.

"So I'm guessing you're from England?" I mentally slapped myself once the words flew out of my mouth.

She has a fricken British accent, Veronica.

I puffed out my cheeks in which I could feel turning a slight shade of pink, and took my favorite pair of jogging shorts out from the top of my shorts stack.

"Indeed I am, Wolverhampton to be exact. I'm guessing you're from America?"

"Yup, I'm from a small city in Pennsylvania," I stacked all of my shorts together neatly before taking a few shirts out.

"Oh, that sounds nice! I've always wanted to visit America," Carla trailed off for a moment before continuing. "Especially Florida."

"I always go to Florida for Spring Break. Wonderful place to go."

"I want to visit Disney World before I turn sixteen."

"Yeah, that'd be a good idea. By the way, how old are you?" I pursed my lips, running the words through my mind again, hoping not to sound like a creep or anything.

"I'm fourteen, almost fifteen. How about you?"

"I'm sixteen, but I'm turning seventeen in August."

"Nice! I'm probably going to be the youngest girl here," I laughed at that and nodded, agreeing.

Once all of my unpacking was done, I checked the time on my phone and noticed it was 4:45 p.m.

Snack time.