"Cordelia, may I have a word?" Florence asked as she arrived at my doorway.

I nodded "Yes, please, come in. I feel as though it has been days since we have spoken"

"Perhaps because it has been" she answered, sitting beside me on the bed "None of it is your fault though, we are all just so terribly busy with all these new arrivals"

"What is troubling you?" I asked.

"Samuel and I are fighting more and more and I have no way to confront the problem head on" she replied.

I nodded "I know, most of our housemates have seen you both publically arguing with one another"

She frowned "I just do not understand, because he has no problem with me or Heath alone, but with the two of us together, he has become so temperamental regarding the subject. Liking the both of us just does not change the fact that he despises the two of us together and I cannot for the life of me understand why he is viewing this as such a massive ordeal"

I could not help but remember the conversation I had with Samuel, regarding his fear of losing Florence to Heath and wondered if that fear had taken over completely.

"Florence, for the longest time, it has just been you and Samuel. He is just so terrified of losing you to him and having no one in return to be his companion" I looked at her "Heath is not the problem and if he were a vampire, this problem would still exist, because his hatred is not of you two together, but of losing you entirely"

She looked down "I have never considered that a possibility. But, I would never abandon Samuel, he is my brother and I love him more than anything in the world" she turned away "I cannot spare my happiness to comfort him in his fear, because though it has always been Samuel and I, it cannot remain that way forever"

I put my hand on her back "Perhaps over time he will see that and allow himself to find his own happiness"

She turned to me "Regarding happiness, how are things with Louis?"

I could not help but smile, because even the bringing up of his name made me happy "Montgomery admitted that he frowned upon what this relationship is and I am left working that I will become nothing but a distraction in his quest to protect us all"

Florence shook her head "Louis may care deeply for you, but despite that, his instinct will always allow him to do what is best and because of that, you may never worry of becoming a distraction to him"

"Oh, Florence, I feel something for him that is entirely foreign. It is a feeling so deep and in no way similar to how deeply I cared for Theodore, it is so much more. I have never felt this way before and it scares me and excites me all at the same time"

Florence softly smiled "As happy as I am for you, I am surprised by it all a the same time, because I always believed that you would end up with Samuel" she stood up "And I believe Samuel felt the same way regarding that future"

I watched her leave and I stood up, confused by her closing words.

After shaking away the confusion from it, I stripped down from my gown and into a nightgown that Rose Vincent, a new vampire, had made as a way of thanking us for hospitality. She made nightgowns for the women here modeled after the styles she was so accustomed to in France.

It was so much more revealing than my other nightgowns, as this was sheerer and bared my shoulders.

I walked over to the balcony, hoping to see Louis once he returned, but was soon interrupted by a knock at the door.

I turned, surprised to see Louis already at my door.

"I did not know you had arrived so soon" I said, watching as he closed the door behind him and walked towards me "What is wrong?"

"I arrived much sooner than you realize" he cleared his throat "I overheard you and Florence speaking and though I had no intention to eavesdrop on your conversation, I could not seem to pull myself from the door"

My face flushed as I realized that he may have heard me discussing my feeling for him "What all did you hear?"

"Just the end of it, regarding Florence's theory that you would previously end up with Samuel and how he thought it too"

My eyes widened "There is nothing going on between Samuel and I, I promise you, if that is your concern. It was only a silly discussion between girls"

He shook his head "As pleased as I am to hear that, I cannot help but wonder if I am what is best for you" he took my hands in his "I would more than understand if you would rather be with someone of your own kind, because I did realize that a future between us can potentially be frowned upon"

I looked up at him and placed my hand on his cheek "I assure you that in my eyes, I only see you and I can no longer deny that fact"

He lightly smiled and took me in his arms, wrapping one arm around my waist "I am happy to hear that"

I was startled at how deep Louis' kiss was as he reached to kiss me, tightening his hold on me as he ran his other hand up my back.

I was struck by so many feelings and wondering how I could ever feel something before when a moment as real and pure as this existed.

I pulled away, feeling almost breathless by the intensity "I-I do not wish for you to leave my bed chambers tonight"

He smiled down at me, before reaching down and kissing me once more and then quickly spinning me around putting my back to his torso.

I shivered with anticipation as his fingertips slowly trailed down my arms, each second of contact more eventful and the last.

He lowered himself as he ran his hand up the side of my body, before pulling me closer against him.

No longer caring, all I wanted was for Louis to take control of this moment and show me what pure lust was capable of.

I could feel his lips against the back of my bare shoulder as he leaned down to me, his breath hot against my skin "You're shaking, Cordelia" he whispered.

Just hearing him say my name in his husky tone sent another shiver up my back.

"I-I wasn't aware of such a thing happening" I replied, well aware that if anyone could see through my lies it would be Louis.

Eagerness and terror had never crossed together with me, making me all the more intrigued to see what could happen in this moment.

He turned me to face him and looked down at me "Are you aware of what is happening?"

I nodded, too enchanted by the dark warmth behind his eyes.

He smiled "And you approve of such behavior"

I was so caught up in his gaze that I appeared to nod as if I had no control over my neck.

He chuckled, before picking me up with ease and placing me on the bed and kneeling down in front of me.

"Y-You make me so nervous" I said, as his hand came in contact with my skin.

He looked up at me, as he traced his fingers over my thighs "I am more than capable of stopping"

"I believe, but I do not want you to stop"

He smiled and took my hand, helping me stand, before lifting my nightgown over my body and leaving me bare for all to see "You are beautiful in the nightlight, Cordelia"

I encouraged his behavior, because being blind with passion and unable to think of anything other than what was going on inside this room was a blessing and everything I absolutely needed.

He picked me up once more, putting me in a more comfortable part of the bed, before climbing on top of me, to take me in with more love than I could dream of.