Chapter 3

Natalie's POV
I woke up the day after my birthday from the sun rising in my windows. I sat up and stretched before going to Laurel's room to wake her up. It was already nine, so I figured it was fine.

I knocked on her door and she didn't answer, so I went in.

"Wake up!" I yelled, bouncing on her bed.

She groaned under her sheets.

"I had the craziest dream last night. You and Sara and Oliver Queen and his sister Thea were the vigilantes running around the city," I told her and flopped on my back next to her.

She sat right up.

"Nat, that wasn't a dream," she winced at the words.

"Wait, what?" I furrowed my brow.

"We're really them."

"Then I get to help you," I decided.

"Nat, don't be silly, it's too dangerous," she told me.

"Laurel!" I whined.

"No way," she said.

"But you know I've always wanted to help people and this is how!" I told her.

"No way, I'm not going to let you put yourself in danger," Laurel told me.

"But you do it!" I shot back.

"For starters I'm older, and I'm trained!" She said.

"Then train me!" I said frustrated.

"Ugh fine! But you aren't allowed to go out and fight for a while, you can just help Felicity at the cave. Oliver's going to have a fit," she said.

"Yes!" I said throwing myself into a hug.

"Let's go wake up Sara!" I suggested.

"I'm good, you go," she said, flopping back down.

"Ok," I said, leaving the room.

I entered Sara's room to see her tossing and turning on her bed. I tiptoed over and shook her awake. She jumped out of the bed and pinned me down on the floor. My head slammed against the carpet.

"Sara-ow-get off," I choked out.

She finally realized what was going on and got off of me.

"Sorry," she said, helping me up.

"What was that for?" I asked, rubbing the back of my head.

"I-um-was having a nightmare," she said.

"What was it about?" I asked. I was pretty sure that it was about something from the six years she was gone. I hoped for an answer. Sara doesn't really talk about what happened during those years.

"It's not important," she said.

I sighed, "Why won't you ever tell us what happened while you were gone?"

"Because I don't want you to see me any different than you do now," she said.

"I'll never see you as anything other than Sare bear," I told her sitting next to her on the bed.

"So why'd you wake me up?" She said changing the subject.

"I wanted to tell you something," I said.

"What?" She asked.

"Laurel agreed to let me help you guys fight crime," I told her.

"She did what!" Sara yelled.