"I decided it best to wait, since he never told me to find him. I knew it was a good decision to head back. How dare you eat without the master's permission."

"I don't need his permission. Now, back off," you exclaimed, ducking to evade another swing.

She only continued to attack you with the broom. Seeing as there was still some distance between you two, you grabbed the bowl of grapes and darted for the door. However, you stopped short due to a figure looming over you. The doll halted as well and bowed.

"Master, I'm sorry for failing to prevent her from the food".

"No, there's no need for an apology, just leave until I need you."

Bowing once more, she left the kitchen and exited out of the dining hall before closing the door behind her. Lucian stared down at you with an unreadable expression.

"You know it's rude to leave me when I want your company, my pet," he stated, bringing his face closer to yours in an intimidating manner.

Glancing away from him, you muttered, "I was hungry."

"Oh, and you decided to eat without me?"

Now mumbling under your breath, you felt Lucian take the bowl from your hands before walking over to a table and setting it down upon it. Turning back to you, he picked you up without any warning. Before you had time to protest, he set you down on the rectangular table. Going over to the pot filled with chocolate, he grabbed the ladle and filled it with the chocolate. Returning to you, he held it out to you, indicating for you to drink it. You eyed him suspiciously, figuring that he put something in it.

"Why are you hesitating, my pet? I thought you were hungry?"

"You put something in there didn't you?" you questioned, now glad that you hadn't had a taste of it before.

"Why do you suppose that?"

"Simple, you're mad at me for eating without you."

"I see. No matter, you will drink this," he stated, grabbing your chin and putting the ladle to your lips.

Not allowing you any choice in the matter, he tilted the ladle, which made the chocolate run into your mouth and down your throat. You had to admit that it tasted good, just like hot chocolate. Thus you were surprised at the fact that it didn't burn your throat, since it was still quite hot. However, as Lucian pulled the ladle away from you, you continued to glance at him with suspicion. So far nothing had happened, but you weren't going to let your guard down yet.

"You have some chocolate on your face, my pet," he claimed before licking the corner of your mouth gently.

Blushing at his action, you pushed him away and wiped the spot with your thumb. He merely smirked at your action before setting the ladle back down on the table. A few more minutes passed and still nothing happened. By now Lucian was leaning against one of the tables while he put a red grape into his mouth. After chewing and swallowing it, he looked back over to you.

"Well, my pet now do you believe that I didn't put anything in the chocolate?"

"Well, I guess."

"I'm glad to hear it. Then you trust me?"

"What, I'm not going to trust you completely after one time of you not doing anything weird. Besides how can I trust you when you're obviously hiding information from me," you stated.

"Hmm, what information do you think I'm hiding?"

"Lucian, you can't expect me to believe that the only reason the council is after your life is because you have different values. Honestly if your values were such a threat then they probably would've taken you off the council by now and killed you. So what's the real reason that you're still on the council and that the council can only send assassins after you?"

"I cannot tell you. There's no reason for you to know."

"Excuse me, I'm the one who's helping you retrieve mask pieces that are located in some of the most dangerous places it seems and yet you expect me to not wonder at your background. Why can't I know?"

"Because it's of no importance to you, now drop the curiosity."

About to protest, you stopped, noticing the dark look in his eyes. Well at least now he had confirmed that he was hiding information from you, but why was he so reluctant to tell you? Sighing, you stared back up at Lucian.

"Fine," you stated, getting off of the table and retrieving a piece of bread with a piece of cheese and cooked ham.

Going to leave the kitchen, since you were tired of Lucian refusing to give you any further information, you went to bite into your makeshift sandwich, but found yourself being shoved against the stone wall. Your sandwich had fallen to the floor while Lucian's hands pressed against your shoulders.

"And where do you think you're going, my pet?"

"Well I was going to go to my room and eat my sandwich, but it looks like that is no longer a possibility."

"Don't disrespect me," he exclaimed, pressing against your shoulders harder.

You winced slightly before replying, "You're the one who is disrespecting me. You're retaining information from me when I've been helping you. Don't you think that's unfair? Now, let me go."

His grip loosened before he rested his head on your shoulder saying, "Listen, I just can't tell you."

Did you hear sadness in his voice? Was the information really that hard to bring up? Glancing at him, you leaned your head against the wall, not knowing what to do. Why did he have to be so secretive and confusing?

"Look Lucian I can't trust you until you tell me, but I won't continue to press you for answers."

That was the only answer you could come up with. You felt Lucian tighten his grip once again, but you couldn't see his face due to his long locks covering his face.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn? No matter, let's just eat some proper dinner for now," he muttered.