I look up from the notebook when I notice Carson has stopped writing. He's got that far away look in his eyes like he's lost in thought.

"Hey you okay?" I ask as I wave my hand in front of his face.

"Yeah I'm fine, " Carson says with a flash of his standard million dollar smile. It probably seriously cost a million dollars he used to have so much metal on his mouth.

"Are you sure?" I ask. He seems kind of off. "Maybe we should take a break for today?"

"No seriously I'm good, " Carson retorts. "So what do you think?"

I decide to let it go. "I get what you mean. I think the best way to get people to feel is by letting them watch the story."

"That's perfect, " Carson replies. "Okay just go with me for a second here. What if the video starts with a little boy moving into the house next to little girl. They hit it off immediately. When they become teenagers they date, maybe we could do a prom scene?"

"I like that!" I answer. "Next clips of them getting older wedding, children, even as old people."

"But then she wakes up in bed, it was just a dream of what she wished would happen," Carson adds.

"No how about a daydream instead?" I offer. "She could be in class, bell gets her out of her dream and she sees the guy on her dream and his girlfriend kiss by front of the door."

"They walk out the door and go different directions," Carson says. "The last line of our song plays Would you love me too? If only you knew how I felt about you?"

"She gets up and chases him then the video ends," Carson and I say at the same time.

Carson grins at me and I can't help but laugh.

"That's perfect, " I say to him. "We leave the audience with some hope that she's chasing him to tell him and by telling him, maybe she'll get what she was dreaming of."

"Exactly!" Carson replies. "Obviously I have to be the guy and you have to be the girl in the video but we're going to need some kid actors  and an elderly couple. I'll go submit our idea to the team and see what they say about finding actors. Meet you out front in 15 minutes?"

"Yeah I'll pack up our stuff and meet you out there. " I answer. "I'm so excited about this elderly couple. You know how much I love cute old people."

Carson rolls his eyes as he walks away. I turn back to packing up our gear.

"Clean up, clean up everybody do your-" I start to sing.

"You even sound amazing when you're singing Barney songs," Eli interrupts

"I-I can't b-b-believe you heard that. That is so embarrassing." I stutter.

Eli laughs. It sounds just like what you think chocolate would sound like.

"I liked it, " Eli replies. "I was actually looking for you. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime?"

I wish I could pretend like I'm one of those coy girls but unfortunately I'm sure my face shows exactly how shocked I am by his question.

Eli laughs again. I am really starting to love that laugh. "I'll take that as a yes. Can I see your phone?" Eli asks.

I hand him my phone and stare as he enters his number in.

"You really should have a lock on your phone," Eli says.

It takes so much effort for me to make my lips move. "I don't really have anything to hide. Plus no one really ever looks at my phone," I reply.

"Still I've got to go, I'll text you tonight, " Eli says with another one of his winks. 

I'm still staring at the door he walked out of when Carson gets back.

"Hey you were supposed to meet me outside like 10 minutes ago," Carson says with a smile.

Even when he has the right to be upset, he is still smiling.

"I'm so sorry. I..." I stop myself. Something tells me that this is one of those few things I shouldn't tell him. Carson thinks Eli is competition. I should just just keep this to myself. "I just lost track of time, " I finish lamely.

Carson doesn't really look like he believes me but he lets it go. "Okay let's just go, "he responds.

--------------------------

"See you tomorrow!" I call out to Carson as I jump out of his car.

I walk up the stairs to my house and open the door. Bentley is sitting on the couch finishing up what looks like the latest episode of Survivor. I stand by the door just a little bit longer so I can look at him without him seeing. I am so weird.

"Iz, where were you? You missed Survivor," Bentley asks.

My mom, Bentley, and I always watch Survivor on Wednesday nights. It's like the one "family" thing we do. Bentley even ditches Bryannah for it. We've never missed an episode. I'm going to have to come up with a good excuse and fast.

"I was out," I answer. So much for a good excuse.

"With who?" My mom asks as she enters the room. 

"Who do you think Mom? Carson responds. "She only has one friend."

Most parents would have defended me but not my mother.

"Well you never know, Bent" my mother finally responds. "Things can change." She walks out of the room. She can't spend more time with me than she has to.

"Wait you were just hanging out with Carson right?" Bentley asks.

"Of course," I answer.

"Good," Bentley responds. His face instantly relaxes. "You want to watch Chopped with me? Bryannah has a bunch to get done before they leave for their soccer tournament this weekend."

"No, I've got homework" I answer. I really want to get upstairs and wait for Eli's text.

"Do it later," Bentley says and slides over on the couch.

"No Bent," I respond. "I've got a lot to do."

"Yeah right, Izzi when have you ever said no to me? I want to spend time with my favorite girl," Bentley says with that smile that i love so much.

"Okay," I say. He's right and he knows it. I could never say no to him.